Feb. 20th, 1981
Majandra Delfino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Majandra Delfino rose to fame in her role as Maria DeLuca on Roswell (1999). Born in Caracas, Venezuela on February 20, 1981, Majandra moved to the states at the age of 3. Residing in Florida, she excelled in academics, but her interests pointed towards the arts. At the age of 10 she danced in The Nutcracker with the Miami Ballet. Besides dance, Majandra also took part in school plays and the community theatre. At the age of 11, her best friend Samantha Gibb, daughter of the Bee Gees' 'Maurice Gibb', joined an all-girls singing quartet named 'China Doll'. The group specialized in soul-styled pop. After opening for the Bee Gees at a benefit concert at Miami Beach, the girls enjoyed small success. A fews years later both Majandra and Samantha left the group. After singing, Majandra decided to give her acting dreams a shot. Her parents, at first dismayed over their daughters aspirations, gave her a 6-month deadline to test her skills. If all else failed, she would concentrate fully on school. Within months she had secured herself with an agent, and was already landing jobs. She landed her first television series the following summer, playing Tony Danza's daughter on The Tony Danza Show (1997). It wasn't until 1999, with the success of "Roswell" that Majandra rose to fan-magazine fame. Her role as the sarcastic Maria DeLuca has sparked many fans all around. Not forgetting her singing talent, you'll see her singing on the show every so often. Next up, it's the big screen, starring with 'Michael Douglas' in the feature film Traffic (2000).
- Lost out to 'Mena Suvari' (qv) in _American Beauty (1999)_ (qv).
- Attended Ransom Everglades Prep and New World School of the Arts while starring in both The Tony Danza Show and Roswell. NWSA major was Music.
- Former music group "China Doll" opened for the Bee Gees. China Doll also took to the stage with the famed icons for their set's closing song "You Should Be Dancing".
- Is half-Venezuelan and half-Cuban.
- In the summer of 2000 she released three songs onto the internet: "Siren", "Bruises" and "Tattoo". She wrote and produced them in association with "Sci-Fi Lullaby".
- Attended New World School of the Arts in Miami, Florida.
- Sister of 'Marieh Delfino' (qv).
- Bi-coastal till third season of Roswell, Majandra Delfino now resides full-time in Los Angeles.