Aug. 18th, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Madeleine Stowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Octane
2002 - We Were Soldiers
2002 - Avenging Angelo
1998 - Playing by Heart
1998 - The Proposition
1995 - Twelve Monkeys
1994 - China Moon
1994 - Blink
1994 - Bad Girls
1993 - Another Stakeout
1993 - Short Cuts
1992 - The Last of the Mohicans
1992 - Unlawful Entry
1991 - Closet Land
1990 - The Two Jakes
1989 - Worth Winning
1987 - Stakeout
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Madeleine Stowe (born August 18, 1958) grew up in Eagle Rock, a working-class neighborhood of Los Angeles. At age ten she started practicing for a career as a concert pianist and trained every day for hours. However, when her instructor died in 1976 she more or less quit playing.
She went to University of Southern California and studied cinema and journalism before taking up acting at Beverly Hills' Solaris Theater. She made a few appearances in TV and on film but her breakthrough came in 1987 with Stakeout (1987). Other major credits include The Last of the Mohicans (1992) and Short Cuts (1993).
When not filming she spends her time at her ranch in Texas, which she shares with her husband 'Brian Benben'.
- Replaced 'Faith Hill' (qv) as Julie Moore in _We Were Soldiers (2002)_ (qv).
- She is half British (father) and half-Costa Rican (mother).
- In one of her earliest film appearances, she was re-voiced by 'Anne Lockhart (I)' (qv), daughter of 'June Lockhart' (qv) and grand-daughter of 'Gene Lockhart' (qv) and 'Kathleen Lockhart' (qv).
- Has a daughter, May Theodora Benben (born 1996).
- Portrayed a blind woman in _Blink (1994)_ (qv) and in an episode of _"Little House on the Prairie" (1974)_ (qv).
- Was extremly shy in high school
- She and husband 'Brian Benben' (qv) own a working cattle ranch outside of Fredericksburg, Texas.
- Pretended to be a reporter just so she could meet 'John Travolta' (qv) before she became famous.