Jul. 24th, 1951
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Lynda Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Tempbot
2005 - Sky High
2005 - The Dukes of Hazzard
2002 - Super Troopers
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Youngest of 3 siblings.
- Ranked #3 on Wizard magazine's "Sexiest Women of TV" list (March 2008).
- Lynda returned to her first love, singing, by appearing in the play "Chicago" at London's West End Adeplhi Theatre on September 26, 2005 as "Mama Morton", the leather-clad women's jailer for an 8-week run. Lynda has now sucessfully appeared in all three forms of acting, stage, screen and television.
- Has been involved in many charitable causes, including a pioneering role with the Susan G. Komen Foundation (for breast cancer education and research) in which she received the Jill Ireland Award for her volunteer work, the Red Cross, U.S.O., Ronald McDonald House, and many charities benefiting children.
- Her only nude appearances in film came with one of her first, _Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw (1976)_ (qv).
- While filming _Battle of the Network Stars (1976) (TV)_ (qv), she poured champagne over the head of host 'Howard Cosell' (qv) after her team won the tug of war contest not knowing he wore a hairpiece. Cosell was really upset. Later, whenever she saw him at a restaurant in New York, she would sent over a bottle of champagne and he always knew that it was from her.
- A friend sat Lynda and her present husband, lawyer 'Robert Altman (IV)' (qv), together at a social dinner in the hopes that the two would hit it off.
- In the film _Sky High (2005)_ (qv), Lynda plays Principal Powers, the principal of the high school for the children of superheroes. Powers has comet-related powers.