Aug. 28th, 1956
Cayey, Puerto Rico
5' 7 1/2
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Actor of Puerto Rican descent who made many memorable films in the 1980s due to his villainous persona. Presently resides with his wife and many kids in Vermont.
- Born in Puerto Rico, but grew up in the East Village section of Manhattan, in New York City. In an interview, he explained that his mother traveled to New York fifteen minutes after his birth.
- Although he played the father of 'Nicholas Turturro' (qv) on two episodes of _"NYPD Blue" (1993)_ (qv), he is in fact only five years older than Turturro.
- Was considered for the role of Willie Lopez in _Ghost (1990)_ (qv).
- Performed in several spots for Cabot Cheese, which is based near where he lives in Cabot, Vermont, living the life of a gentleman farmer.
- Last name is pronounced gooz-MAHN.
- He and Chuck Zito are the only actors to appear in both Carlito's Way and its prequel, Carlito's Way: Rise to Power.
- He prefers his first name pronounced LOO-ee.
- He was a social worker, working especially with young people. He also was very involved with his community, arranging events, before becoming an actor.