Aug. 28th, 1956
Cayey, Puerto Rico
5' 7 1/2
Luis Guzman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Actor of Puerto Rican descent who made many memorable films in the 1980s due to his villainous persona. Presently resides with his wife and many kids in Vermont.
- Performed in several spots for Cabot Cheese, which is based near where he lives in Cabot, Vermont, living the life of a gentleman farmer.
- He prefers his first name pronounced LOO-ee.
- Born in Puerto Rico, but grew up in the East Village section of Manhattan, in New York City. In an interview, he explained that his mother traveled to New York fifteen minutes after his birth.
- He and Chuck Zito are the only actors to appear in both Carlito's Way and its prequel, Carlito's Way: Rise to Power.
- (2009) Formerly of Cabot, VT, now resides elsewhere in the "Northeast Kingdom" area of the state.
- Frequently cast by film director 'Steven Soderbergh' (qv).
- Although he played the father of 'Nicholas Turturro' (qv) on two episodes of _"NYPD Blue" (1993)_ (qv), he is in fact only five years older than Turturro.
- Frequently cast by film director 'Paul Thomas Anderson' (qv).