Sep. 11th, 1977
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Ludacris' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ludacris was born Christopher Brian Bridges in Champaign, Illinois the son of Roberta Shields and Wayne Brian Bridges. Being of both African American and Native American descent. Early in his elementary years his family lived in Champaign, Illinois. At nine years old, he started rapping. He attended Emerson Middle School and eventually Oak Park and River Forest High School for his freshman year where he first met his most important musical influence, famed poet Justin Ryan Fyfe. Furthermore, his family moved to live in Atlanta, Georgia and in this time his father exposed him to all kinds of music ranging from Hip Hop to Rock. In Alanta, Georgia he attended Banneker High School. He is also a graduate of Georgia State University. In 2000 he got his breakthrough with his album titled "Back for the First Time" which reached 3x platinum. All albums following have either been 2x or 3x platinum, with his first film appearance being 2 Fast 2 Furious which was a success. Other film appearances include Crash and Hustle & Flow.
- (2007) Made Forbes' "Hip Hop Cash Kings" list with $16 million in earnings.
- Was dropped as a spokesperson for Pepsi after a protest by Bill O'Reilly.
- Before becoming a rapper, he worked as an intern (and eventually DJ) for Hot 97.5 (now 107.9) FM in Atlanta.
- Attended Benjamin Banneker High in Atlanta, and Georgia State University.
- Still drives his 1992 Acura Legend because it "keeps me grounded."
- Katt Williams' cousin.
- Is good friends with Lorenz Tate.
- The music score "sense of touch" was used for his film Crash and in his episode of Law and Order.