Mar. 29th, 1968
Mount Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
Lucy Lawless' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Bitch Slap
2008 - Bedtime Stories
2005 - Boogeyman
2004 - EuroTrip
2002 - Spider-Man
2000 - Ginger Snaps
1995 - Your Studio and You
1991 - The End of the Golden Weather
Guest TV Roles
Sgt. Marybeth Duffy
New Zealand icon Lucy Lawless, is most famously known for her role as Xena the Warrior Princess. Lucy is married to producer Robert Gerard Tapert and resides in New Zealand. They have two sons, Julius Robert Bay Tapert and Judah Miro Tapert who were both born in New Zealand. Lucy also has a daughter, Daisy Lawless, from her first marriage to Garth Lawless.
She was awarded an Order of Merit in the New Zealand Queen's Birthday Honor List in June 2004. Lucy, whose role as Xena in Xena: Warrior Princess made her a cult television star, has been involved with the Starship Foundation and has held a role on its board of trustees. She was awarded the Order of Merit for services to entertainment and the community.
In 1995 Lucy landed the role of Xena: Warrior Princess in the show Hercules: The Legendary Journeys in a three story arc that led to her own spin-off show Xena: Warrior Princess for six seasons.
Whilst she has been primarily known for her role on Xena: Warrior Princess, Lucy has also appeared in the classic TV series Battlestar Galactica in the semi-regular role of D'anna Biers amongst her other many and varied roles including the hit Adam Sandler movie Bedtime Stories. Lucy was also in several made-for-TV movies including: Locusts and Vampire Bats. She also lent her voice to the straight-to-video movies: Justice League: The New Frontier and Dragonlance: Dragons of the Autumn Twilight. During 2011 Lucy appeared in the No Ordinary Family as the mysterious Mrs X and also appeared in the prequel to Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and Spartacus Vengeance as Lucretia.
Her most recent role was Caroline Platt in Jane Campion's Top of the Lake, a BBC Mini-Series in New Zealand with Holly Hunter and Elisabeth Moss.
She plays the recurring character of Diane Lewis in NBC's Parks and Recreation.
She will play Velma Kelly in the Auckland Theatre Company's adaptation of Chicago The Musical from 1-24 November 2013.
- Measurements: 35 1/2C-25-36 1/2 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- A vocal supporter of gay rights, Lawless is considered something of a gay icon. After the cancellation of _"Xena: Warrior Princess" (1995)_ (qv), Lawless has said she considered her character a lesbian. Since that time the actress has also worked to support equal protections for gay and lesbian couples including protesting Proposition 8, which stripped gay and lesbian couples of the right to wed in California.
- Gave birth to third child, Judah Miro Tapert, May 7, 2002 in New Zealand: weight 8 lbs, 8 ounces. It's her second child with Robert Tapert.
- Sister-in-law of actress 'Mary Beth Tapert' (qv).
- Member of the Starship Foundation board of trustees since 2000. Starship is NZ's main children's hospital.
- (1991) Studied drama at the William Davis Center for Actors Study, under 'William B. Davis' (qv).
- Owns a holiday house at Taupo on the shores of Lake Taupo, New Zealand.
- Speaks German, French, some Italian.