Nov. 17th, 1944
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lorne Michaels' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Live From New York!
1999 - Man on the Moon
0 - The Last Impresario
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Producer (segment "Live from New York")
Reverend Gimp (Voiced)
- Is a long-time friend of fellow New Yorker 'Paul Simon (I)' (qv), which has led to Simon and/or his songs appearing in numerous Michaels productions, including _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) (several appearances as both host and musical guest); _The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash (1978) (TV)_ (qv) (brief appearance); and _Coneheads (1993)_ (qv) (song "Kodachrome"). Michaels has also produced several of Simon's specials, including: _The Paul Simon Special (1977) (TV)_ (qv); _Simon and Garfunkel: The Concert in Central Park (1982) (TV)_ (qv)_; and _Paul Simon: Born at the Right Time (1991) (TV)_ (qv).
- Counts _"Monty Python's Flying Circus" (1969) [TV-Series 1969-1974]_ as a major influence on his S.N.L. sketches.
- Was part of the famous "UC Follies" comedy troupe in Toronto.
- 'Rosie Shuster' (qv) is the daughter of 'Frank Shuster' (qv) from comedy troupe Wayne & Shuster.
- Attended Forest Hill Collegiate highschool in Forest Hill, an area of Toronto
- His S.N.L. is the longest-running weekly late-night show in the history of television (2008).
- His cat Steve is a former Purina calendar model.
- Is portrayed by 'Ari Cohen' (qv) in _Gilda Radner: It's Always Something (2002) (TV)_ (qv).