Jul. 28th, 1964
Queens, New York, USA
Lori Loughlin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Old Dogs
2007 - Moondance Alexander
1988 - The Night Before
1987 - Back to the Beach
1986 - Rad
1985 - Secret Admirer
1983 - Amityville 3-D
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Co-Hostess
Lori Anne Loughlin (born July 28, 1964) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Rebecca Donaldson-Katsopolis on the ABC sitcom Full House, appearing in the series from 1988 to 1995. From 2008 to 2011, she portrayed the role of Debbie Wilson on the The CW series 90210 (2008–11, 2012), a spin-off of Beverly Hills, 90210.
Born in Queens, New York and moved with her family to Long Island. She lived in Oceanside, New York, where she attended Oaks Public Elementary School #3 and then moved to Hauppauge, New York, where she attended Hauppauge High School. She is of Irish descent.
Loughlin began her career at age twelve as a print model. During her early teen years she appeared in television commercials and was frequently seen in national print advertisements. At the age of fifteen, Loughlin was cast in the ABC soap opera The Edge of Night, playing the part of Jody Travis, an aspiring dancer, appearing in the series from 1980 to 1983. From 1983 to 1988, Loughlin appeared a number of feature films and television guest spots.
From 1988 to 1995, Loughlin was cast in her most notable role to date, as Rebecca Donaldson, Danny Tanner's (Bob Saget) co-host and later Jesse Katsopolis (John Stamos) wife in the ABC sitcom Full House. Recurring during season two, she became a regular in season three and for the remainder of the series run. Within months after Full House ended, Loughlin co-starred with 'Tony Danza' in the ABC sitcom Hudson Street (1995–96), the series was canceled after one season.
In 1997, she starred alongside 'Bruce Campbell' in the film In the Line of Duty: Blaze of Glory. In 2000, Loughlin co-starred opposite 'Treat Williams' in the Fred Olen Ray-directed thriller film Critical Mass. She also guest starred in Suddenly Susan, Spin City, Seinfeld and The Drew Carey Show and as the superhero Black Canary in the Birds of Prey series in 2002.
From 2004 to 2005, Loughlin co-created, produced and starred in The WB drama series Summerland. She played Ava, the aunt who raises three children after their parents die in a car accident. The series was canceled after two seasons due to low ratings on July 11, 2005. In 2007, Loughlin co-starred in the ABC sitcom In Case of Emergency with 'David Arquette'. She appeared in the film Moondance Alexander (2007), co-starring with her former Summerland cast mate 'Kay Panabaker'. Loughlin also was in attendance at Comedy Central's The Roast of Bob Saget which was hosted by John Stamos and premiered on August 17, 2008. At her table were Full House co-stars 'Dave Coulier' and 'Jodie Sweetin'. In 2010, Loughlin starred in the television film Meet My Mom, which premiered on the Hallmark Channel on Mother's Day.
Loughlin made a brief appearance as Rebecca Donaldson, alongside John Stamos as Jesse Katsopolis, on a July 2013 episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, following a reunion performance by Jesse and The Rippers.
Loughlin was married to film producer and investment banker Michael R. Burns from (1989-1996). In 1997, Loughlin married fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, the creator of the Mossimo clothing line. They have two daughters together, Isabella (b. September 1998) and Olivia (b. 1999).
- Her last name is pronounced "Locklin".
- Was originally only contracted for six episodes of _"Full House" (1987)_ (qv) but after positive audience reaction, she was given a full-time role. The initial storyline for her was to be just Danny's co-host and go on one date with him, realizing they would never work out in a dating relationship and have their relationship remain just professional. However, when she became a full-time character, they created a storyline where she would fall in love with Jesse and eventually marry him.
- Had lead role as Emmeline in _The Blue Lagoon (1980)_ (qv), but turned it down. The lead went to 'Brooke Shields' (qv).
- Grew up in Hauppauge, Long Island.
- (16 September 1998) Daughter, with Giannulli, Isabella Rose, born (7 lbs. 3 oz.)
- Her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, is the creator of the popular "Mossimo" clothing line.
- Daughters: Isabella Rose and Olivia Jade.
- Became a print model at the age of 11.