Jul. 30th, 1963
Encino, California, USA
Lisa Kudrow's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Neighbors
2010 - Easy A
2009 - Powder Blue
2009 - Bandslam
2009 - Hotel for Dogs
2007 - P.S. I Love You
2007 - Kabluey
2003 - Marci X
2003 - Wonderland
2002 - Analyze That
2001 - Dr. Dolittle 2
2000 - Hanging Up
2000 - Lucky Numbers
1999 - Analyze This
1997 - Romy and Michele's High School Reunion
Guest TV Roles
Congresswoman Josephine Marcus
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
The Baby Doctor (Voiced)
Alex Whitney (Voiced)
Kudos for Kudrow! Hardly the dumb blonde of Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997), Lisa Kudrow (born July 30, 1963) in Encino, California. Her father, Lee, was a physician and her mother, Nedra, was a travel agent. Kudrow was raised in Tarzana and played varsity-level tennis in high school and college, and is a pool shark who has mastered some of the more difficult trick shots (so beware). She graduated from Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychobiology.
At first, she wanted to pursue a career in research, so she returned to Los Angeles to begin working with her father. However, Kudrow got inspired to perform by one of her brother's friends, comedian 'Jon Lovitz' , and so the tall (5' 9") blond-haired, green-eyed beauty entered show biz. Kudrow auditioned for the improv theater group, The Groundlings, based in Los Angeles. 'Cynthia Szigeti', a well-known improv teacher, took Kudrow under her wing. In that class, Kudrow became a friend of 'Conan O'Brien'. Graduating with honors in 1989, Kudrow became a full-fledged member of The Groundlings.
Breaking into TV, she got a recurring role as Ursula, the ditsy waitress on Mad About You (1992). This led to her starring role on Friends (1994). In the debut season (1994-95) of Friends (1994), Kudrow earned an Emmy nomination as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series; in 1998, she won that award for her role as Phoebe, the ditsy but lovable folk singer. Lisa has also been nominated for Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild and American Comedy Awards for her performances.
Kudrow made the transition to the big screen with a lot of success. In 1997, she starred opposite Oscar winner 'Mira Sorvino' in the above-mentioned Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997). Kudrow garnered more praise for her film work when she got the New York Film Critics Award for her starring role in The Opposite of Sex (1998).
Kudrow married Michel Stern, an advertising executive, (May 27, 1995). They were blessed with a son, Julian Murray (b. May 7, 1988); they live in Los Angeles.
- She supported the WGA strike, which started in 2007 and ended in 2008.
- Until 2004 was the only cast member of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) to have a child. 'Matt LeBlanc' (qv)'s daughter Marina Pearl was born February 8, 2004, and 'Courteney Cox' (qv)'s daughter Coco Riley was born June 13, 2004.
- She waited to marriage (age 31) to lose her virginity. Said in "People" magazine that her mother told her it was a special gift for her husband.
- Convinced to quit her job as a medical researcher to become a full-time actress by 'Jon Lovitz' (qv).
- 'Teri Garr' (qv) has played her mother twice: in _Kabluey (2007)_ (qv) and _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- She and 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) both auditioned for regular cast member spots on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) prior to their success on _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- Father is a doctor.
- Is a vegetarian.