May. 21st, 1966
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Lisa Edelstein's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - She Loves Me Not
2006 - Grilled
2003 - Daddy Day Care
2000 - Keeping the Faith
2000 - What Women Want
1997 - As Good As It Gets
1994 - Love Affair
1991 - The Doors
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Lisa Edelstein began her professional acting career while studying theater at N.Y.U.'s Tisch School of the Arts. After performing in a wide range of productions off and on Broadway, authored and performed the AIDS-related musical "Positive Me" at Ellen Stuart's La Mama, in Manhattan. It was one one of the earliest AIDS-related theater productions.
Lisa gained her first television experience as a host of the cable series "Awake on the Wild Side" (1990). In the last several years, she has fearlessly taken on a wide variety of roles for television. She played a call-girl girlfriend on "The West Wing" (1999), David Conrad (I)'s sister on "Relativity" (1996), the transsexual boyfriend of James LeGros on "Ally McBeal" (1997) and an Orthodox Jewish woman losing custody of her on "Family Law" (1999). She also played James Spader's love interest on "The Practice" (1997), and has had numerous other TV roles and guest appearances.
Her latest and current role is that of hospital administrator Dr. Lisa Cuddy, in the hit medical drama "House M.D." (2004).
- Her father, Alvin Edelstein, was a pediatrician.
- Practices Ashtanga yoga six days a week.
- She began her professional acting career while studying theater at N.Y.U.
- Played a transsexual on _"Ally McBeal" (1997)_ (qv), a sex-obsessed artist on _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv), and a high-priced call girl on _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv).
- Lisa authored, composed and performed the musical "Positive Me," one of the earliest AIDS-related theater productions, at Ellen Stuart's La Mama in Manhattan.
- Daughter of Alvin Edelstein and Bonnie Edelstein.
- Lisa was raised in Wayne, NJ. She graduated from Wayne Valley High School, class of 1984.
- BFA in Drama - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1988).