Jul. 9th, 1978
Seoul, South Korea
Linda Park's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Infestation
2001 - Jurassic Park III
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Wendy Lee
Park was born in South Korea and raised in San Jose, California. She participated in a number of theatrical productions in her teens at Notre Dame High School and Bellarmine College Preparatory, ultimately leading to study for a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Boston University. During her college career, she spent a semester in England, studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. Among her college stage credits are Mad Forest, Lysistrata, Cyrano de Bergerac, Richard III and The Trojan Women.
Park had a small cameo role in the 2001 feature film Jurassic Park III as Ellie Satler's assistant.
Less than a year after graduation, she was cast in the role of Hoshi Sato in the fifth incarnation of the Star Trek franchise, Star Trek: Enterprise, which premiered in September 2001. Sato was the ship's communications officer, with a natural gift for translating alien languages. Park herself is fluent in English, Korean, Spanish, and also speaks some French. During the run of Enterprise, Park posed for a pictorial in men's magazine FHM.
Park is an active student of dance, remarking that "dancing has always been my second love", she still studies ballet, among other dance forms.
She currently lives in Los Angeles, California, where she is the co-founder of the theater company Underground Asylum. In October 2003, Park starred in UA's world premiere of the Mary Fengar Gailâ€™s play Fuchsia. She also produced and starred in her first short film, My Prince, My Angel, in August 2003. From October 19 to November 11, 2005, she played Clytemnestra in a New York City production of Agamemnon.
On July 17, 2008 Linda co-hosted the film review podcast Scene Unseen. She played the part of "unseen" and gave a negative review of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army. It was revealed in the episode that Linda was a childhood friend of regular co-host Chris Browne.
In 2009, Park signed on to be a series regular in the second season of Crash playing the role of Maggie Cheon on the Starz Network; she co-starred in thirteen episodes. The show was subsequently cancelled after the death of Dennis Hopper.
Linda recently played the role of Anne Deever in a 2011 production of Arthur Millers "All My Sons" at the Matrix Theater in Los Angeles
- She and "Raines" co-star Jeff Goldblum have both appeared in Jurassic Park movies although not in the same one. He starred in Jurassic Park and Lost World and she had a role in Jurassic Park III.
- Attended Boston University
- Appeared in "William Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors: The Western" at Bellarmine College Preparatory with director 'Jeromy Ceseña' (qv).
- Speaks Korean, English and Spanish.
- Attended Notre Dame High School in San Jose, CA and graduated in 1996.
- Bronze-level international ballroom dancer.
- Has stated that her favorite Star Trek: Enterprise episodes are "In a Mirror Darkly, Parts 1 and 2."
- Born in Korea, raised in California.