Apr. 2nd, 1945
Morristown, New Jersey, USA
Linda Hunt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Singing Revolution
2002 - Dragonfly
1997 - Amazon
1997 - The Relic
1995 - Pocahontas
1994 - Maverick
1993 - Twenty Bucks
1991 - If Looks Could Kill
1990 - Kindergarten Cop
1989 - She-Devil
1989 - Dune: The Extended Miniseries Cut
1985 - Silverado
1985 - Eleni
1984 - The Bostonians
1983 - The Year of Living Dangerously
1980 - Popeye
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Linda Hunt (Born Lydia Susanna Hunter; April 2, 1945) in Morristown, New Jersey and has twice played male roles that did not feature or reference her actual female status: Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously and The Management in Carniv├ále (who, though mostly unseen, is often referred to by other characters as male) (IMDB)
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1984 Tony Award as Best Actress (Play) for 'Arthur Kopit' (qv)'s "End of the World."
- The first actor to have won an Academy Award portraying a member of the opposite sex, she won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role Oscar for her role as Billy Kwan in _The Year of Living Dangerously (1982)_ (qv). Note this was not Linda Hunt playing a woman pretending to be a man, like 'Barbra Streisand' (qv) did in _Yentl (1983)_ (qv) or, in reverse, as 'Dustin Hoffman' (qv) did in _Tootsie (1982)_ (qv), but Hunt playing a man in a serious drama.
- Has twice played male roles that did not feature or reference her actual female status: Billy Kwan in _The Year of Living Dangerously (1982)_ (qv) and The Management in _"CarnivÓle" (2003)_ (qv) (who, though unseen, is often referred to by other characters as male).
- Attended the Interlochen Arts Academy. She was a charter student the first year of the Interlochen Arts Academy which was established in 1962 as a complement to the Interlochen Arts Camp which had been established in 1928.
- Ranked #9 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]