Sep. 26th, 1956
Salisbury, Maryland, USA
Linda Hamilton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Terminator: Salvation
2005 - Missing in America
1997 - Dante's Peak
1994 - Silent Fall
1991 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
1990 - Mr. Destiny
1986 - Black Moon Rising
1986 - King Kong Lives
1984 - Children of the Corn
1984 - The Terminator
1982 - Tag: The Assassination Game
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Furbana (Voiced)
Guest Caller - Claire (Voiced)
Herself - Host
Dr. Stephanie Lake (Voiced)
Born in Salisbury, Maryland, USA, following high school, Linda studied for two years at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland, before moving on to acting studies in New York. In New York, she attended acting workshops given by Lee Strasberg. Her first parts were small parts in TV series, with her biggest break coming with her role in The Terminator (1984). Most known to the public at large from her part in the TV series "Beauty and the Beast" (1987) (before Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), at least).
- Has worked with both actors who were the main heroes of the Predator movies: 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) in two Terminator movies (_The Terminator (1984)_ (qv) and _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv)), and 'Danny Glover' (qv) in _Missing in America (2005)_ (qv).
- Turned down a chance to reprise the role of Sarah Connor in _Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)_ (qv).
- While Hamilton was attending Washington College, the acting professor told her that she had no hope of earning a living as an actress.
- 'James Cameron (I)' (qv) offered her the role of Molly Brown in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv) (ultimately played by 'Kathy Bates (I)' (qv)), but she declined.
- Appeared on television and revealed that she suffered from bipolar disorder. She said that her condition had destroyed her marriage to her first husband, 'Bruce Abbott (I)' (qv), abusing him verbally and physically, and that it also had ruined her marriage to second husband 'James Cameron (I)' (qv). Linda said that it was her love for her two children that finally forced her to seek treatment, and she began taking medication. That was 10 years ago, and Linda says that she will always be grateful that she chose treatment and regrets the pain that her illness caused those she loves.
- Sprained her ankle prior to filming the original _The Terminator (1984)_ (qv) and it never quite healed right due to all the running she had to do in the film.
- Her father died in a car crash when she was young.
- A former manager of hers embezzled $100,000 of her money.