Sep. 1st, 1939
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Lily Tomlin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Pink Panther 2
2007 - The Walker
2006 - The Ant Bully
2006 - A Prairie Home Companion
2004 - I Heart Huckabees
2002 - Orange County
2000 - The Kid
1999 - Tea with Mussolini
1998 - Krippendorf's Tribe
1996 - Flirting with Disaster
1995 - Blue in the Face
1993 - The Beverly Hillbillies
1993 - Short Cuts
1992 - The Player
1991 - The Search for Signs of Inteligent Life in the Universe
1988 - Big Business
1984 - All of Me
1981 - The Incredible Shrinking Woman
1980 - Nine to Five
1977 - The Late Show
1975 - Nashville
Guest TV Roles
- Measurements: 34C-25-35 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Won the Kennedy Center's prestigious Mark Twain Prize for Humor in 2003.
- Has won two Tony Awards: in 1977, a special Award, and in 1986, the Best Actress (Play) Award for her one-woman show, "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe," a performance recreated in the film version of the same title, _The Search for Signs of Inteligent Life in the Universe (1991)_ (qv).
- During her one-woman show in Las Vegas, Nevada, she appeared as her own opening act: a smarmy male lounge singer billed as Tommy Velour.
- Before a performance of one of her one-woman shows in New York City, she appeared on the sidewalk dressed in a Red Cross nurse's uniform, handing out cups of coffee to those waiting in line to enter the theatre.
- Was a pre-med student at Wayne State University before choosing acting as a career.
- Won a Grammy Award for the comedy album "This is a Recording" in 1971 and won Tony Awards in 1977 and 1986.
- Studied acting under 'Charles Nelson Reilly' (qv), who introduced her to the works of monologist 'Ruth Draper' (qv), a major inspiration for Tomlin's work.