Oct. 4th, 1967
San Francisco, California, USA
Liev Schreiber's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Liev (pronounced Lee-ev) is the son of Heather, a painter, and 'Tell Schreiber', a theatrical actor with a small role in The Keeper (1976). When he was one, the family moved from San Francisco to Canada. His parents were divorced when he was five. He and his mother moved to New York, where she drove a cab. During that time, they lived as squatters in abandoned buildings. His mother taught him to read, and she also forbade him from seeing color movies. He grew up seeing silent and black & white movies at a local revival house and particularly enjoyed those of 'Charles Chaplin'. His mother now lives in an ashram in Virginia. He began acting at Hampshire College and continued at the Yale University School of Drama in 1992. He originally wanted to be a playwright, but his teacher encouraged him to become an actor.
- Won the 2005 Tony Award best featured actor in a play for Glengarry Glen Ross.
- Nominated for the 2007 Tony Award (New York City) for Actor in a Drama for "Talk Radio".
- Was a fan favorite for the role of District Attorney Harvey Dent in _The Dark Knight (2008)_ (qv), and expressed interest for the role. He eventually lost out to 'Aaron Eckhart' (qv).
- Second son is named Samuel Kai.
- Close friends with Hugh Jackman.
- Grew up in Lower East Side New York. Graduated from Friends Seminary High School in Manhattan.
- The actor and his fiancée, 'Naomi Watts' (qv), welcomed their first child, a healthy baby boy, on July 25, 2007. Alexander Pete Schreiber, who was born at 3:59 p.m. in Los Angeles, weighed 8 lbs., 4 oz, and was 22.5 inches long (Alexander is for his grandfather and Peter is for her father, 'Peter Watts (VI)' (qv)).
- Growing up, his mother didn't allow him to watch color movies. The first color movie he saw was Star Wars in 1977.