Mar. 26th, 1931
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Leonard Nimoy's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Star Trek
2009 - Land of the Lost
2001 - Atlantis: The Lost Empire
1997 - A Life Apart: Hasidism in America
1997 - Trekkies
1994 - The Pagemaster
1994 - Destiny in Space
1991 - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
1989 - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
1986 - Transformers: The Movie
1986 - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
1984 - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
1979 - Star Trek: The Motion Picture
1978 - Invasion of the Body Snatchers
1964 - Seven Days in May
1951 - Rhubarb
Guest TV Roles
General Konrad (Voiced)
Himself - Narrator
Raised in a Boston tenement, acting in community theaters since age eight, Leonard Nimoy didn't make his Hollywood debut he was 20, a bit part in Queen for a Day (1951) and another as a ballplayer in the perennial Rhubarb (1951). After two years in army he was still getting small, often uncredited parts - an army telex operator in Them! (1954), for example - but his part as Narab, a Martian finally friendly to Earth, in the closing scene in the corny Republic serial Zombies of the Stratosphere (1952), somewhat foreshadowed the role which would make him a household name--Mr. Spock, the half-human/half-Vulcan science officer of "Star Trek" (1966) one of TV's all-time most successful series. His performance won him three Emmy nominations and launched his career as a writer and director, notably of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986), the story of a humpback whale rescue that proved the most successful of the Star Trek movies. Stage credits have included "Fiddler on the Roof," "Oliver," "Camelot," and "Equus." He has hosted the well-known TV series "In Search of..." (1976) and "Ancient Mysteries" (1996), authored several volumes of poetry and guest-starred on two episodes of "The Simpsons" (1989). He recently played Mustafa Mond in NBC's telling of Brave New World (1998) (TV).
- Has two roles in common with voice actor 'Frank Welker' (qv). Welker provided the screams for the young Spock in _Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)_ (qv). Welker also provided the voice of Galvatron in the third and fourth seasons of _"Transformers" (1984)_ (qv), a role which Nimoy had voiced in the film _The Transformers: The Movie (1986)_ (qv).
- His father had a barbershop in Boston, where one of the more popular haircuts given was the "Spock cut."
- When 'Richard Widmark' (qv) left, Nimoy became the Friday night host for "The Mutual Radio Theater" on Mutual Radio (1980).
- Graduated from Boston College in 1953.
- Father of 'Adam Nimoy' (qv) and 'Julie Nimoy' (qv).
- Because of his schedule, part two of the two-part _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv) episode "Unification" was filmed before part one.
- Served in the United States Army, under the service number ER 11 229 770, from December 3, 1953 to November 23, 1955. Received an Honorable Discharge in the rank of Sergeant.
- Fluent in Hebrew and Yiddish.