Mar. 26th, 1957
Hartsville, South Carolina, USA
Leeza Gibbons' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1993 - Last Action Hero
1992 - The Player
1991 - Soapdish
1991 - He Said, She Said
1990 - RoboCop 2
1987 - RoboCop
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
- Has a younger sister, Camille (Cammie) Gibbons and a brother, Carlos Gibbons, Jr.
- Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Honored by the Congressional Award in Washington, DC with the 1998 Horizon Award. The Horizon Award is a special recognition from the Joint Leadership of the United States Congress and the Congressional Award Board of Directors. The Horizon Award is presented to individuals from the private sectors who have contributed to expanding opportunities for all Americans through their own personal contributions, and who have set exceptional examples for young people through their successes in life.
- Established the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation.
- Wanted her daytime talk show, which ran from 1993-2000, to focus on women's issues from a feminist point of view. Ms. Gibbons stated that she wanted her show to empower women.
- Has two children with 'Stephen Meadows' (qv): Troy (born in 1992) and Nathan (born in 1997).
- Her parents are Carlos Gibbons and Jean Gibbons. Her mother has Alzheimer's disease, as did her grandmother.
- Husband 'Stephen Meadows' (qv) filed for divorce February 11, 2005, after a two-week separation, citing "irreconcilable differences". He is seeking joint custody of their sons Troy, 13 and Nathan, 7, as well as the spousal support agreed to in a 2002 post-nuptial contract.