Mar. 26th, 1957
Hartsville, South Carolina, USA
Leeza Gibbons' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1993 - Last Action Hero
1992 - The Player
1991 - He Said, She Said
1991 - Soapdish
1990 - RoboCop 2
1987 - RoboCop
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Contestant
Herself - Guest Co-Hostess
Herself - Host
- Leeza's Place was founded in November, 2003.
- Her mother, Gloria Jean Gibbons, passed away at age 72 on May 22, 2008 from complications due to Alzheimer's disease.
- Wanted her daytime talk show, which ran from 1993-2000, to focus on women's issues from a feminist point of view. Ms. Gibbons stated that she wanted her show to empower women.
- Met her second husband, 'Chris Quinten' (qv), at a New Zealand charity fund-raiser. They had a daughter named Jordan Alexandra (Lexi) (born in 1989).
- Established the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation.
- Has a younger sister, Camille (Cammie) Gibbons and a brother, Carlos Gibbons, Jr.
- Honored by the Congressional Award in Washington, DC with the 1998 Horizon Award. The Horizon Award is a special recognition from the Joint Leadership of the United States Congress and the Congressional Award Board of Directors. The Horizon Award is presented to individuals from the private sectors who have contributed to expanding opportunities for all Americans through their own personal contributions, and who have set exceptional examples for young people through their successes in life.
- Left _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv) in 1995 to concentrate full-time on her daytime talk show.