Jun. 10th, 1983
New York City, New York, USA
Leelee Sobieski's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Liliane Rudabet Gloria Elsveta Sobieski was born in New York on June 10, 1983. She caught the attention of a casting agent who noticed her while he was scouting the cafeteria of a New York City private school. The man asked her to audition for a role in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994). She ended up losing the role to Kirsten Dunst, but that didn't stop her. At age 13 she co-starred in the TV movie Reunion (1994) (TV) with Marlo Thomas and a year later starred in A Horse for Danny (1995) (TV). Although she had roles in many films, it was in 1998 that she hit the big time, starring opposite Elijah Wood in Deep Impact (1998). The film, which was one of the summer's biggest hits, garnered Leelee great reviews and brought her to the attention of many casting directors. Next up was Joan of Arc (1999) (TV), which she shot in the Czech Republic and for which she received an Emmy nomination. While working on Joan of Arc (1999) (TV), she was also shooting a film with Tom Cruise, Eyes Wide Shut (1999). The film, shot under strict secrecy by the notoriously reclusive Stanley Kubrick, had Leelee cast as a teenage nymphet who tempts Cruise's character. It didn't turn out to be quite the summer blockbuster expected but, again, Leelee got some good reviews. While shooting the film she developed a friendship with Stanley Kubrick and was heartbroken when he died soon after its completion.
Leelee went on to star with other big names: Drew Barrymore (I) in Never Been Kissed (1999); Diane Lane (I) in The Glass House (2001) and Josh Hartnett & Chris Klein (I) in Here on Earth (2000).
- She didn't get her ears pierced until 2006, when she had them done at the age of 23 specially to be able to wear a pair of antique earrings given to her by her then-boyfriend.
- Was in a relationship with Finding Bliss co-star Matthew Davis from March through November 2008.
- Discovered by a casting director in her New York City school cafeteria.
- Is fluent in French.
- Has size 10 feet.
- July 17, 2009- US Weekly announced her engagement to boyfriend of approximately six months, menswear designer Adam Kimmel.
- Has a younger brother, 'Robert Sobieski' (qv), born 1989.
- Has an older sister.