Jun. 10th, 1983
New York City, New York, USA
Leelee Sobieski's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Public Enemies
2009 - Finding Bliss
2008 - In the Name of the King
2007 - 88 Minutes
2007 - Walk All Over Me
2006 - The Wicker Man
2006 - In a Dark Place
2001 - The Glass House
2001 - My First Mister
2000 - Here On Earth
1999 - Never Been Kissed
1999 - Eyes Wide Shut
1998 - Deep Impact
1997 - Jungle 2 Jungle
1900 - Heavens Fall
Guest TV Roles
Jennifer 'White House' Perry
Liliane Rudabet Gloria Elsveta Sobieski was born in New York on June 10, 1983. She caught the attention of a casting agent who noticed her while he was scouting the cafeteria of a New York City private school. The man asked her to audition for a role in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994). She ended up losing the role to Kirsten Dunst, but that didn't stop her. At age 13 she co-starred in the TV movie Reunion (1994) (TV) with Marlo Thomas and a year later starred in A Horse for Danny (1995) (TV). Although she had roles in many films, it was in 1998 that she hit the big time, starring opposite Elijah Wood in Deep Impact (1998). The film, which was one of the summer's biggest hits, garnered Leelee great reviews and brought her to the attention of many casting directors. Next up was Joan of Arc (1999) (TV), which she shot in the Czech Republic and for which she received an Emmy nomination. While working on Joan of Arc (1999) (TV), she was also shooting a film with Tom Cruise, Eyes Wide Shut (1999). The film, shot under strict secrecy by the notoriously reclusive Stanley Kubrick, had Leelee cast as a teenage nymphet who tempts Cruise's character. It didn't turn out to be quite the summer blockbuster expected but, again, Leelee got some good reviews. While shooting the film she developed a friendship with Stanley Kubrick and was heartbroken when he died soon after its completion.
Leelee went on to star with other big names: Drew Barrymore (I) in Never Been Kissed (1999); Diane Lane (I) in The Glass House (2001) and Josh Hartnett & Chris Klein (I) in Here on Earth (2000).
- In 2001, she matriculated with the class of 2005 at Brown University, but she has since taken time off to advance her career. She remains a popular topic of conversation of Brown students.
- Enjoys painting, ceramics, poetry, martial arts and horseback riding.
- Has size 10 feet.
- Her father is Jean Sobieski, a New York City painter, and her mother, Elizabeth, is a writer.
- Her father, Jean Sobieski lived with French singer Dalida in Paris in the '60s.
- Is fluent in French.
- Was in a relationship with screenwriter/director Frank E Flowers from late 2006 through early 2007.
- Australian band Primitive Whore perform a song titled "Why Leelee won't Love Me".