Aug. 28th, 1982
Jackson, Mississippi, USA
LeAnn Rimes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2000 - Coyote Ugly
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Singer (segment "LeAnn Rimes")
Herself - Musical Guest
LeAnn started singing at age 3, and has sold over 20 million records since. She was born August 28, 1982 in Jackson, Mississippi. By age 7, LeAnn made her stage debut in a Dallas musical production of "A Christmas Carol". Later, she would sing "The Star Spangled Banner" to open Dallas Cowboys football games. By age 11, LeAnn recorded her first album on an independent label only available in local stores in Dallas: "All That" which featured her signature song "Blue". This got the attention of Curb Records. In 1996, 14-year-old LeAnn recorded a major-label album. In 1997, LeAnn released "You Light Up My Life: Inspirational Songs" which debuted on 3 Billboard Magazine charts at the same time: Pop, Country, and Contemporary Christian (that had never been achieved before by a country singer). That year, LeAnn released "How Do I Live" which would set a record by staying #1 on Billboard Magazine's "Hot 100" chart for 69 weeks. LeAnn starred in the TV-movie Holiday in Your Heart (1997) (TV), based on a book which she had co-authored. Capping a great year for the 15-year-old LeAnn, she won an American Music Award, 2 Grammy awards, 3 Academy of Country Music Awards, and 4 Billboard Music Awards. In 1998, LeAnn won a Lone Star Film & Television Special Award for Rising Star Actress. In 1999, LeAnn released a namesake CD, offering her interpretations of 11 Country standards, including "Crazy" and "I Fall to Pieces" (originally recorded by Patsy Cline in 1960). LeAnn made a cameo in Coyote Ugly (2000) (the low budget movie that raked in big bucks) and she also recorded 4 Diane Warren songs, including "Can't Fight the Moonlight", for the movie soundtrack. An amazing career and, since she is only 18, I am sure there will have to be mini-bio updates in the future.
- Ranked as #50 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- December 14, 2001 - Announced engagement to actor 'Dean Sheremet' (qv) at 'Elton John' (qv)'s "The Concert" for the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
- She is an only child.
- Lived for quite a while in Garland, Texas at an apartment complex called Pecan Knoll.
- Shares a birthday with 'Shania Twain' (qv).
- Girlfriend of actor 'Eddie Cibrian' (qv).
- In May 2000, filed a lawsuit against her father, Wilbur, and his partner and LeAnn's co-manager alleging that they stole more than $7 million of her earnings.
- (1999) chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21"