Jun. 15th, 1970
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Leah Remini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Leah Marie Remini (born June 15,1970) is best known for her role as Carrie Heffernan on the CBS hit sitcom The King of Queens from 1998 to 2007. Prior to The King of Queens, she was known for her six-episode stint as Stacey Carosi in 1991 on the NBC sitcom Saved by the Bell. She was also one of the co-hosts on the CBS network daytime talk show The Talk before being fired in 2011.
Born in Brooklyn, New York City, to private-school teacher Vicki Marshall and George Remini, who owned an asbestos-removal company. Her mother is of Austrian Jewish background and her father was Sicilian. Remini has an older sister, Nicole Remini (born 1969), who was her assistant on The King of Queens. She also has four half-sisters, including Christina (born 1969). Remini moved to Los Angeles, California, at age 13 with her mother to pursue an acting career.
- Was among the guests at 'Tom Cruise' (qv)'s and 'Katie Holmes' (qv)' wedding ceremony in Italy.
- Loves to sing Karaoke.
- Auditioned for the role of Monica on _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv). (Although she didn't get the role, she later guest-starred in one episode: "The One with the Birth" (episode # 1.22))
- Described by 'Kevin James (III)' (qv) as having "the mouth of a construction worker in the body of a model."
- Her wedding to longtime boyfriend 'Angelo Pagan' (qv) was featured in the February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine.
- Met her husband singer/actor and restaurant owner 'Angelo Pagan" 1995 in a club, when he was trying to give her 'dance lessons'.
- Worked with personal trainer 'Gina Lombardi' (qv) to lose 20 pounds for her role in _"Fired Up" (1997)_ (qv).
- May 2002: Has joined the nationally syndicated Don and Mike radio show.