Jun. 15th, 1970
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Leah Remini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Old School
Guest TV Roles
Charlene 'Charlie' Briscoe
Herself - Guest Judge
Leah Marie Remini is best known for her role as Carrie Heffernanon the CBS hit sitcom The King of Queens from 1998 to 2007. Prior to The King of Queens, she was known for her six-episode stint as Stacey Carosi in 1991 on the NBC sitcom Saved by the Bell. She was also one of the co-hosts on the CBS network daytime talk show The Talk before being fired in 2011. Leah Remini was born in Brooklyn, New York City, to private-school teacher Vicki Marshall and George Remini, who owned an asbestos-removal company. Her mother is of Austrian Jewish background and her father was Sicilian. Remini has an older sister, Nicole Remini (born 1969), who was her assistant on The King of Queens. She also has four half-sisters, including Christina (born 1969). Remini moved to Los Angeles, California, at age 13 with her mother to pursue an acting career.
- (January 2003) Announced engagement to longtime boyfriend 'Angelo Pagan' (qv).
- May 2002: Has joined the nationally syndicated Don and Mike radio show.
- Her wedding to longtime boyfriend 'Angelo Pagan' (qv) was featured in the February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine.
- Met her husband singer/actor and restaurant owner 'Angelo Pagan" 1995 in a club, when he was trying to give her 'dance lessons'.
- Described by 'Kevin James (III)' (qv) as having "the mouth of a construction worker in the body of a model."
- Once worked as a telemarketer.
- Moved to Los Angeles with her mother and sister at the age of 13, and left school at 14.
- 16 June 2004 - gave birth to 6 lb 7.4 oz daughter, Sofia Bella, a day after her 34th birthday.