Jun. 15th, 1970
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Leah Remini's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Old School
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Contestant
Charlene 'Charlie' Briscoe
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest Judge
Leah Marie Remini is best known for her role as Carrie Heffernanon the CBS hit sitcom The King of Queens from 1998 to 2007. Prior to The King of Queens, she was known for her six-episode stint as Stacey Carosi in 1991 on the NBC sitcom Saved by the Bell. She was also one of the co-hosts on the CBS network daytime talk show The Talk before being fired in 2011. Leah Remini was born in Brooklyn, New York City, to private-school teacher Vicki Marshall and George Remini, who owned an asbestos-removal company. Her mother is of Austrian Jewish background and her father was Sicilian. Remini has an older sister, Nicole Remini (born 1969), who was her assistant on The King of Queens. She also has four half-sisters, including Christina (born 1969). Remini moved to Los Angeles, California, at age 13 with her mother to pursue an acting career.
- Was among the guests at 'Tom Cruise' (qv)'s and 'Katie Holmes' (qv)' wedding ceremony in Italy.
- Moved to Los Angeles with her mother and sister at the age of 13, and left school at 14.
- Worked with personal trainer 'Gina Lombardi' (qv) to lose 20 pounds for her role in _"Fired Up" (1997)_ (qv).
- Wore a two-piece Les Habitudes ensemble that included a duchesse satin bustier with silver beads and ivory pearls, and an organza skirt consisting of five layers in her July 2003 wedding to 'Angelo Pagan' (qv).
- 16 June 2004 - gave birth to 6 lb 7.4 oz daughter, Sofia Bella, a day after her 34th birthday.
- Ranked #19 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Once worked as a telemarketer.
- Described by 'Kevin James (III)' (qv) as having "the mouth of a construction worker in the body of a model."