Jun. 16th, 1955
Carbondale, Illinois, USA
5' 6 1/2
Laurie Metcalf's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Toy Story 3
2008 - Stop-Loss
2007 - Meet the Robinsons
2007 - Georgia Rule
2006 - Beer League
2006 - Steel City
2005 - Fun with Dick and Jane
2002 - Treasure Planet
2000 - Timecode
1999 - Toy Story 2
1999 - Runaway Bride
1998 - Bulworth
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Dear God
1995 - Toy Story
1995 - Leaving Las Vegas
1994 - Blink
1991 - JFK
1990 - Pacific Heights
1990 - Internal Affairs
1989 - Uncle Buck
1988 - The Appointments Of Dennis Jennings
1987 - Making Mr. Right
1985 - Desperately Seeking Susan
Guest TV Roles
Lauren Elizabeth "Laurie" Metcalf (born June 16, 1955) is an Emmy award-winning, Tony award-nominated American actress. She is widely known for her performance as "Jackie Harris" on Roseanne and the voice of Mrs. Davis in Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3. She is present in Chicago theater, where she is well-known for her performance in the 1983 revival of Balm in Gilead. She is also a part of Planusa.org helping children in need around the world.
She is a three-time Emmy award winner, as well as being nominated for two Golden Globe awards, a Tony award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
- Metcalf is a founding ensemble member of the famous Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago. Her ex-husband, 'Jeff Perry (I)' (qv), was one of the three founders of the troupe.
- She was nominated for a 1980 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Principal Role for her performance in "Getting Out" at the Wisdom Bridge Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Awarded the 1984 Theatre World Award and an Obie Award for her performance in "Balm in Gilead.".
- She was awarded the 1992 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Principal Role in a Play for "My Thing of Love" at the Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Great-niece of screenwriter 'Zoe Akins' (qv).
- Received her BA in Theatre from Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois in 1976.
- At one time typed 90 words per minute.
- (July 2005) Daughter, Mae, born by a surrogate.