Mar. 7th, 1980
Watchung, New Jersey, USA
Laura Prepon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Lay The Favorite
2007 - The Chosen One
2006 - Come Early Morning
2006 - Karla
2002 - Slackers
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Hayley Smith (Voiced)
Laura Prepon (born March 7, 1980) is an American actress, known for her role as Donna Pinciotti in all eight seasons of the Fox sitcom That '70s Show. She is also known for the role of Hannah Daniels on the ABC drama October Road and her role as Alex Vause in the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black. She has voiced characters in animated TV series such as American Dad! and King of the Hill, as well as a character in the video game Halo 2.
Born in Watchung, New Jersey. Her father, Michael, died in 1994. Her mother's name is Marjorie. Laura is the youngest of five children--she has a brother named Brad and three sisters: Danielle, Jocelyn, and Stephanie. She attended Watchung Hills Regional High School. She studied at the Total Theater Lab in New York City, where she appeared in numerous theatrical presentations.
Prepon started studying acting at the young age of 15 as well as dancing--ballet, jazz, and modern. She also played soccer and other sports. Before acting became her profession, she was a model, working in Paris, Milan, and elsewhere in Europe.
Prepon resides in Watchung when not filming in Los Angeles. She loves sneakers and vintage clothes. Her favorite book is The Hobbit by 'J.R.R. Tolkien'.
- Is very proud of being a New Jersey native.
- Resides in Watchung, New Jersey, when not filming in Los Angeles.
- Is a natural brunette. She was asked by producers of "That 70s Show" to dye her hair red for the role of Donna Pinciatti. Later in the show, in 2005, she dyed her hair blonde for a movie role playing the part of a serial killer. The producers of "That 70s Show" liked it, and asked her to keep it. Laura later decided she liked it, and has been blonde ever since.
- Hated the Catholic school girl uniform she had to wear during the fifth season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv).
- Hobbies include horseback riding, gymnastics, ice skating, ballet, tennis, golf, and playing the piano.
- Favorite book: "The Hobbit" by 'J.R.R. Tolkien' (qv).
- Her mother is a high school teacher. One of her sisters is a lawyer.
- Has attended U.F.C. shows.