Mar. 7th, 1980
Watchung, New Jersey, USA
Laura Prepon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Chosen One
2006 - Come Early Morning
2006 - Karla
2002 - Slackers
Guest TV Roles
Hayley Smith (Voiced)
Herself - Celebrity Guest
Laura Prepon (born March 7, 1980) is an American actress, known for her role as Donna Pinciotti in all eight seasons of the Fox sitcom That '70s Show. She is also known for the role of Hannah Daniels on the ABC drama October Road and her role as Alex Vause in the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black. She has voiced characters in animated TV series such as American Dad! and King of the Hill, as well as a character in the video game Halo 2.
Born in Watchung, New Jersey. Her father, Michael, died in 1994. Her mother's name is Marjorie. Laura is the youngest of five children--she has a brother named Brad and three sisters: Danielle, Jocelyn, and Stephanie. She attended Watchung Hills Regional High School. She studied at the Total Theater Lab in New York City, where she appeared in numerous theatrical presentations.
Prepon started studying acting at the young age of 15 as well as dancing--ballet, jazz, and modern. She also played soccer and other sports. Before acting became her profession, she was a model, working in Paris, Milan, and elsewhere in Europe.
Prepon resides in Watchung when not filming in Los Angeles. She loves sneakers and vintage clothes. Her favorite book is The Hobbit by 'J.R.R. Tolkien'.
- Resides in Watchung, New Jersey, when not filming in Los Angeles.
- Hobbies include horseback riding, gymnastics, ice skating, ballet, tennis, golf, and playing the piano.
- Together with 'Danny Masterson' (qv) and 'Christopher Masterson' (qv) has invested in "Card Player Magazine".
- Favorite book: "The Hobbit" by 'J.R.R. Tolkien' (qv).
- Used to be a ballet dancer.
- Is very proud of being a New Jersey native.
- Due to the seven inch height difference between her and co-star 'Mila Kunis' (qv) on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), Laura and Mila are often filmed sitting down so that they can appear in the frame together. At other times Mila wears platform shoes to give herself four extra inches.
- Said her favorite actor is probably 'Harrison Ford (I)' (qv).