Mar. 7th, 1980
Watchung, New Jersey, USA
Laura Prepon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Laura Prepon (born March 7, 1980) is an American actress, known for her role as Donna Pinciotti in all eight seasons of the Fox sitcom That '70s Show. She is also known for the role of Hannah Daniels on the ABC drama October Road and her role as Alex Vause in the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black. She has voiced characters in animated TV series such as American Dad! and King of the Hill, as well as a character in the video game Halo 2.
Born in Watchung, New Jersey. Her father, Michael, died in 1994. Her mother's name is Marjorie. Laura is the youngest of five children--she has a brother named Brad and three sisters: Danielle, Jocelyn, and Stephanie. She attended Watchung Hills Regional High School. She studied at the Total Theater Lab in New York City, where she appeared in numerous theatrical presentations.
Prepon started studying acting at the young age of 15 as well as dancing--ballet, jazz, and modern. She also played soccer and other sports. Before acting became her profession, she was a model, working in Paris, Milan, and elsewhere in Europe.
Prepon resides in Watchung when not filming in Los Angeles. She loves sneakers and vintage clothes. Her favorite book is The Hobbit by 'J.R.R. Tolkien'.
- Resides in Watchung, New Jersey, when not filming in Los Angeles.
- Named #77 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Favorite book: "The Hobbit" by 'J.R.R. Tolkien' (qv).
- Together with 'Danny Masterson' (qv) and 'Christopher Masterson' (qv) has invested in "Card Player Magazine".
- Ranked #84 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)
- She and her fellow _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv) castmates, 'Topher Grace' (qv)(Eric) and 'Danny Masterson' (qv) (Hyde), have made guest appearances on _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv), but not in the same episode.
- Said her favorite actor is probably 'Harrison Ford (I)' (qv).
- Hated the Catholic school girl uniform she had to wear during the fifth season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv).