Mar. 7th, 1980
Watchung, New Jersey, USA
Laura Prepon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Laura Prepon (born March 7, 1980) is an American actress, known for her role as Donna Pinciotti in all eight seasons of the Fox sitcom That '70s Show. She is also known for the role of Hannah Daniels on the ABC drama October Road and her role as Alex Vause in the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black. She has voiced characters in animated TV series such as American Dad! and King of the Hill, as well as a character in the video game Halo 2.
Born in Watchung, New Jersey. Her father, Michael, died in 1994. Her mother's name is Marjorie. Laura is the youngest of five children--she has a brother named Brad and three sisters: Danielle, Jocelyn, and Stephanie. She attended Watchung Hills Regional High School. She studied at the Total Theater Lab in New York City, where she appeared in numerous theatrical presentations.
Prepon started studying acting at the young age of 15 as well as dancing--ballet, jazz, and modern. She also played soccer and other sports. Before acting became her profession, she was a model, working in Paris, Milan, and elsewhere in Europe.
Prepon resides in Watchung when not filming in Los Angeles. She loves sneakers and vintage clothes. Her favorite book is The Hobbit by 'J.R.R. Tolkien'.
- Lived with actor 'Christopher Masterson' (qv).
- She is of half-Russian-Jewish and half-Irish-Catholic descent.
- Hated the Catholic school girl uniform she had to wear during the fifth season of _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv).
- Ranked #84 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)
- Was featured as #50 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement. (2002)
- Named #77 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Due to the seven inch height difference between her and co-star 'Mila Kunis' (qv) on _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), Laura and Mila are often filmed sitting down so that they can appear in the frame together. At other times Mila wears platform shoes to give herself four extra inches.
- Hobbies include horseback riding, gymnastics, ice skating, ballet, tennis, golf, and playing the piano.