Nov. 19th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - CNN
Himself - Guest
Larry King (Voiced)
Wax Larry King (Voiced)
Larry King is an American television and radio host whose work has been recognized with awards including two Peabodys and ten Cable ACE Awards.
He began as a local Florida journalist and radio interviewer in the 1950s and 1960s and became prominent as an all-night national radio broadcaster starting in 1978. From 1985 to 2010, he hosted the nightly interview television program Larry King Live on CNN. He currently hosts Larry King Now on Hulu and a weekly talk show on RT television network.
He was born Lawrence Leibel Harvey Zeiger in Brooklyn, New York City, New York to an Austrian immigrant Edward Jonaton Zeiger, a restaurant owner and defense plant worker, and his wife Jennie (Gitlitz), a garment worker, who emigrated from Belarus. Both parents were Orthodox Jews.
King's father died at 44 of heart disease, and his mother had to go on welfare to support her two sons. His father's death greatly affected King, and he lost interest in school. After graduating from high school, he worked to help support his mother. He never went to college. From an early age, however, he had wanted to go into radio.
- Son Andy (b. 1962) and daughter Chaia (b. 1969), with Alene Akins.
- Father of 'Larry King Jr.' (qv) with first wife, Annette.
- Engaged to minister Rama Fox (1992-95).
- (22 May 2000) His second son, with wife 'Shawn Southwick' (qv), Cannon Edward King was born.
- Underwent surgery on March 16, 2007 to unblock a carotid artery at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.
- Mentioned in the 'Mojo Nixon' (qv) song "619-239-KING".
- Friend of 'Danny Gans' (qv).
- Has his own talk show called _"Larry King Live" (1985)_ (qv).