Nov. 19th, 1933
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Larry King's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Shrek Forever After
2008 - Swing Vote
2008 - Religulous
2007 - Bee Movie
2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
2007 - Shrek The Third
2006 - Future by Design
2004 - Shrek 2
2004 - Mr 3000
2004 - The Stepford Wives
2003 - Capturing the Friedmans
2002 - John Q
2001 - America's Sweethearts
2000 - The Contender
2000 - The Kid
1998 - Bulworth
1998 - Enemy of the State
1998 - Primary Colors
1997 - Contact
1997 - Mad City
1997 - The Jackal
1996 - The Long Kiss Goodnight
1996 - Courage Under Fire
1993 - We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story
1993 - Dave
1990 - The Exorcist III
1990 - Crazy People
1989 - Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives!
1985 - Lost in America
1984 - Ghostbusters
Guest TV Roles
Himself - CNN
Larry King (Voiced)
Larry King is an American television and radio host whose work has been recognized with awards including two Peabodys and ten Cable ACE Awards.
He began as a local Florida journalist and radio interviewer in the 1950s and 1960s and became prominent as an all-night national radio broadcaster starting in 1978. From 1985 to 2010, he hosted the nightly interview television program Larry King Live on CNN. He currently hosts Larry King Now on Hulu and a weekly talk show on RT television network.
He was born Lawrence Leibel Harvey Zeiger in Brooklyn, New York City, New York to an Austrian immigrant Edward Jonaton Zeiger, a restaurant owner and defense plant worker, and his wife Jennie (Gitlitz), a garment worker, who emigrated from Belarus. Both parents were Orthodox Jews.
King's father died at 44 of heart disease, and his mother had to go on welfare to support her two sons. His father's death greatly affected King, and he lost interest in school. After graduating from high school, he worked to help support his mother. He never went to college. From an early age, however, he had wanted to go into radio.
- Son-in-law of 'Karl Engemann' (qv).
- Was named as "King of Brooklyn" at the Welcome Back to Brooklyn Festival in 1995
- (22 May 2000) His second son, with wife 'Shawn Southwick' (qv), Cannon Edward King was born.
- He used Larry King as a stage name on the advice that his original surname, Zeiger, sounded "too Jewish".
- Underwent surgery on March 16, 2007 to unblock a carotid artery at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.
- Says his favorite quote is actually a put-down: "Before they made you they broke the mold."
- Engaged to minister Rama Fox (1992-95).
- Features in the 1996 paperback "Mug Shots" that includes many other celebrities who've been arrested for one reason or another.