81 (passed away Nov. 23rd, 2012)
Sep. 21st, 1931
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Larry Hagman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Primary Colors
1995 - Nixon
1981 - S.O.B.
1978 - Superman
1976 - The Eagle Has Landed
1976 - The Big Bus
1974 - Harry and Tonto
1974 - Stardust
1972 - Beware! The Blob
1971 - The Hired Hand
1964 - Fail-Safe
1964 - Ensign Pulver
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Larry Martin Hagman (September 21, 1931 – November 23, 2012) was an American film and television actor best known for playing ruthless oil baron J. R. Ewing in the 1980s primetime television soap opera Dallas, and astronaut Major Anthony "Tony" Nelson in the 1960s sitcom I Dream of Jeannie.
He had supporting roles in numerous films including Fail-Safe, Nixon, and Primary Colors. His television appearances also included guest roles on dozens of shows spanning from the late 1950s up until his death, and a reprisal of his signature role on the 2012 revival of Dallas. He also occasionally worked as a producer and director on television.
Hagman was the son of actress 'Mary Martin'. He underwent a controversial life-saving liver transplant in 1995. Although Hagman was a member of a 12-step program, he publicly advocated marijuana as a better alternative to alcohol. He died on November 23, 2012 from complications of cancer.
- Chairman of the American Cancer Society's Great American Smokeout
- He met his wife while he was stationed in England, UK.
- Was best friends with legendary Who drummer 'Keith Moon (I)' (qv) whom he met on the set of the movie _Stardust (1974)_ (qv).
- Used to live next door to 'Burgess Meredith' (qv) in the early 1980s.
- Requires autograph seekers to sing a song for him or tell him a joke before giving his autograph. He says that he does it so he gets something back from his fans.
- Collects canes, hats and flags
- Is 'Bridget Fonda' (qv)'s godfather.
- Best remembered by the public for his starring roles as J.R. Ewing in _"Dallas" (1978)_ (qv) and as Major Tony Nelson in _"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)_ (qv).