81 (passed away Nov. 23rd, 2012)
Sep. 21st, 1931
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Larry Hagman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Primary Colors
1995 - Nixon
1981 - S.O.B.
1978 - Superman
1976 - The Eagle Has Landed
1976 - Mother, Jugs & Speed
1976 - The Big Bus
1974 - Harry and Tonto
1974 - Stardust
1972 - Beware! The Blob
1971 - The Hired Hand
1965 - In Harm's Way
1964 - Fail-Safe
1964 - Ensign Pulver
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Interviewee
Larry Martin Hagman (September 21, 1931 – November 23, 2012) was an American film and television actor best known for playing ruthless oil baron J. R. Ewing in the 1980s primetime television soap opera Dallas, and astronaut Major Anthony "Tony" Nelson in the 1960s sitcom I Dream of Jeannie.
He had supporting roles in numerous films including Fail-Safe, Nixon, and Primary Colors. His television appearances also included guest roles on dozens of shows spanning from the late 1950s up until his death, and a reprisal of his signature role on the 2012 revival of Dallas. He also occasionally worked as a producer and director on television.
Hagman was the son of actress 'Mary Martin'. He underwent a controversial life-saving liver transplant in 1995. Although Hagman was a member of a 12-step program, he publicly advocated marijuana as a better alternative to alcohol. He died on November 23, 2012 from complications of cancer.
- Bears a striking resemblance to professional wrestling announcer 'Jim Ross (III)' (qv). Ross is often simply referred to as "J.R."
- Son is 'Preston Hagman' (qv). Daughter, 'Heidi Hagman' (qv), appeared in "All in the Family" spinoff.
- The Malibu house in which he used to live is now owned by the singer 'Sting (I)' (qv).
- Has a ring made from the gallstones that were removed during his liver transplant.
- Chairman of the American Cancer Society's Great American Smokeout
- Is 'Bridget Fonda' (qv)'s godfather.
- Lives in Ojai, California.
- Spent much of his childhood in Weatherford, Texas.