81 (passed away Nov. 23rd, 2012)
Sep. 21st, 1931
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Larry Hagman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Fuel
1998 - Primary Colors
1995 - Nixon
1981 - S.O.B.
1978 - Superman
1976 - Mother, Jugs & Speed
1976 - The Big Bus
1976 - The Eagle Has Landed
1974 - Harry and Tonto
1974 - Stardust
1972 - Beware! The Blob
1971 - The Hired Hand
1965 - In Harm's Way
1964 - Fail-Safe
1964 - Ensign Pulver
1958 - No Time For Sergeants
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Interviewee
Larry Martin Hagman (September 21, 1931 – November 23, 2012) was an American film and television actor best known for playing ruthless oil baron J. R. Ewing in the 1980s primetime television soap opera Dallas, and astronaut Major Anthony "Tony" Nelson in the 1960s sitcom I Dream of Jeannie.
He had supporting roles in numerous films including Fail-Safe, Nixon, and Primary Colors. His television appearances also included guest roles on dozens of shows spanning from the late 1950s up until his death, and a reprisal of his signature role on the 2012 revival of Dallas. He also occasionally worked as a producer and director on television.
Hagman was the son of actress 'Mary Martin'. He underwent a controversial life-saving liver transplant in 1995. Although Hagman was a member of a 12-step program, he publicly advocated marijuana as a better alternative to alcohol. He died on November 23, 2012 from complications of cancer.
- Son, 'Preston Hagman' (qv), born 2 May 1962.
- He refuses to speak one day a week, simply as a test of his self discipline.
- He met his wife while he was stationed in England, UK.
- Chairman of the American Cancer Society's Great American Smokeout
- Is good friends with 'Donna Mills' (qv). She starred with him as his wife in a short-lived 1971 sitcom, just 9 years before she starred with him again on, _"Knots Landing" (1979)_ (qv).
- His Ojai, California ranch is called Heaven.
- Was one of the few players on _"Dallas" (1978)_ (qv) to stay on for the entire series.
- Broke his collar bone when he was a child.