81 (passed away Nov. 23rd, 2012)
Sep. 21st, 1931
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Larry Hagman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Larry Martin Hagman (September 21, 1931 – November 23, 2012) was an American film and television actor best known for playing ruthless oil baron J. R. Ewing in the 1980s primetime television soap opera Dallas, and astronaut Major Anthony "Tony" Nelson in the 1960s sitcom I Dream of Jeannie.
He had supporting roles in numerous films including Fail-Safe, Nixon, and Primary Colors. His television appearances also included guest roles on dozens of shows spanning from the late 1950s up until his death, and a reprisal of his signature role on the 2012 revival of Dallas. He also occasionally worked as a producer and director on television.
Hagman was the son of actress 'Mary Martin'. He underwent a controversial life-saving liver transplant in 1995. Although Hagman was a member of a 12-step program, he publicly advocated marijuana as a better alternative to alcohol. He died on November 23, 2012 from complications of cancer.
- He met his wife while he was stationed in England, UK.
- Son, 'Preston Hagman' (qv), born 2 May 1962.
- Son is 'Preston Hagman' (qv). Daughter, 'Heidi Hagman' (qv), appeared in "All in the Family" spinoff.
- His mom called him Lukey when he was a child.
- His Ojai, California ranch is called Heaven.
- Used to live next door to 'Burgess Meredith' (qv) in the early 1980s.
- Attended Bard College in Anandale-on-the-Hudson, New York for one year
- Is a huge supporter of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation