Sep. 8th, 1975
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5' 7 1/2
Larenz Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Larenz Tate was born on September 8, 1975, on the west side of Chicago to Larry and Peggy Tate, the youngest of three brothers. His other brothers are actors Larron and Lahmard Tate. In 1984, Larenz and his family moved to California. It was while living in California that Larenz's parents got him and his brothers involved in a drama program at the Inner City Cultural Center. At first the boys were interested just to meet girls, however when they saw classmate Malcolm-Jamal Warner get cast in the role of Theo Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" (1984), they began to take it more seriously. From then on, the brothers began getting other small roles. Larenz's career first took off in a Christmas episode of "The Twilight Zone" (1985), after which roles began pouring in. He has gone on to star in both television series and movies.
- He was born in Chicago, Illinois, but grew up in Bell Gardens, California.
- His favorite musical artist is 'The Notorious B.I.G.' (qv).
- He is a fan of boxer Sugar Ray Robinson.
- Appeared in the July 2006 issue of sister 2 sister magazine.
- One of his favorite movies is Scarface.
- Has played real-life music legends 'Frankie Lymon' (qv) and 'Quincy Jones' (qv).
- He is often cast in films directed by the Hughes Brothers ('Allen Hughes' (qv) and 'Albert Hughes (I)' (qv)).
- Frequent co-star of 'Clifton Powell' (qv).