Sep. 8th, 1975
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5' 7 1/2
Larenz Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Larenz Tate was born on September 8, 1975, on the west side of Chicago to Larry and Peggy Tate, the youngest of three brothers. His other brothers are actors Larron and Lahmard Tate. In 1984, Larenz and his family moved to California. It was while living in California that Larenz's parents got him and his brothers involved in a drama program at the Inner City Cultural Center. At first the boys were interested just to meet girls, however when they saw classmate Malcolm-Jamal Warner get cast in the role of Theo Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" (1984), they began to take it more seriously. From then on, the brothers began getting other small roles. Larenz's career first took off in a Christmas episode of "The Twilight Zone" (1985), after which roles began pouring in. He has gone on to star in both television series and movies.
- He is the co-founder of The Tate Bros. Foundation with his brothers. The non-profit organization was created to help provide funds for children living with the disease sickle cell anemia.
- He appeared on the cover of the October 1998 issue of Black Elegance.
- He was born in Chicago, Illinois, but grew up in Bell Gardens, California.
- Larenz and his brothers Larron, a writer-producer, and Lahmard, an actor, have formed a production company of their own, Tate Men Entertainment.
- Expecting second child with wife, Tomasina Parrott, in late 2008.
- Frequent co-star of 'Clifton Powell' (qv).
- He began acting in plays at the Inner City Cultural Center in Los Angeles at the age of 10. His classmate was 'Malcolm-Jamal Warner' (qv).
- Son, Miles Xavier, was born in the week of 1-7 August, he weighed 7lbs, 2 oz, and he was 19 inches long