Sep. 8th, 1975
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5' 7 1/2
Larenz Tate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Waist Deep
2004 - Crash
2003 - A Man Apart
2003 - Biker Boyz
1997 - Love Jones
1997 - The Postman
1995 - Dead Presidents
1994 - The Inkwell
1993 - Menace II Society
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Young Adam Fuller
Street Kid #3
Larenz Tate was born on September 8, 1975, on the west side of Chicago to Larry and Peggy Tate, the youngest of three brothers. His other brothers are actors Larron and Lahmard Tate. In 1984, Larenz and his family moved to California. It was while living in California that Larenz's parents got him and his brothers involved in a drama program at the Inner City Cultural Center. At first the boys were interested just to meet girls, however when they saw classmate Malcolm-Jamal Warner get cast in the role of Theo Huxtable on "The Cosby Show" (1984), they began to take it more seriously. From then on, the brothers began getting other small roles. Larenz's career first took off in a Christmas episode of "The Twilight Zone" (1985), after which roles began pouring in. He has gone on to star in both television series and movies.
- Expecting second child with wife, Tomasina Parrott, in late 2008.
- Youngest brother of actors 'Lahmard Tate' and 'Larron Tate' (qv)
- Has played real-life music legends 'Frankie Lymon' (qv) and 'Quincy Jones' (qv).
- His favorite musical artist is 'The Notorious B.I.G.' (qv).
- Lives in Calabasas, California.
- He is the co-founder of The Tate Bros. Foundation with his brothers. The non-profit organization was created to help provide funds for children living with the disease sickle cell anemia.
- He was born in Chicago, Illinois, but grew up in Bell Gardens, California.
- His favorite book is "The Measure of a Man," an autobiography by 'Sidney Poitier' (qv).