May. 28th, 1968
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Kylie Minogue's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Blue
2006 - Doogal
2005 - The Magic Roundabout
2001 - Moulin Rouge!
1996 - Bio-Dome
1994 - Street Fighter
1989 - The Delinquents
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Coach
Charlotte 'Char' Kernow
Herself - Special Guest
Herself - Performer
Kylie Ann Minogue was born on 28 May, 1968. The eldest of three children, Kylie's acting career began early, but it was her role as Charlene in the Australian soap "Neighbours" (1985) which established Kylie as an international star. Her singing career began purely by accident when a record company executive heard Kylie's rendition of Little Eva's 1962 hit "The Loco-Motion". She signed with PWL Records and hit-makers Stock/Aitken/Waterman in 1987. Five albums and a greatest hits compilation followed, and she made history by having more than 20 consecutive top ten hits in the UK. Her motion picture debut came with the starring role of Lola in The Delinquents (1989). She left PWL Records in 1992 to head in a decidedly more mature musical direction, and her self-titled debut on deconstruction records was released in 1994, spawning chart hits like "Confide In Me" and "Put Yourself In My Place". Kylie's doings were always a favorite subject of the press, but she really made waves with her controversial 1995 duet with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Where the Wild Roses Grow". 1997 saw the release of Kylie's first single in more than 3 years, "Some Kind of Bliss" co-written and produced by James Dean Bradfield and Sean Moore (II) of The Manic Street Preachers.
- December 1989: Lights the Regent St. Christmas lights, a time honored British tradition, usually performed by Royalty.
- February 1993: Signed her second worldwide record deal with deConstruction Records through RCA/BMG in the UK; Imago through BMG in the US, Mushroom Records in Australia/NZ, and BMG throughout the rest of the world.
- April 2004: Voted #1 in Maxim's Sexiest Older Female Poll.
- Performed at the closing ceremony of the 2000 Summer Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.
- December 2002: Declared "The Best Body In The World" by magazine "Celebrity Bodies".
- Mother is 'Carol Minogue' (qv) (aka: Carol Jones Minogue). Father is Accountant Ron Minogue. Grew up in the inner Melbourne suburb of Surrey Hills.
- September 2001: Attended the Royal Premiere of _Moulin Rouge! (2001)_ (qv) alongside 'Prince Charles' (qv), 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) and 'Ewan McGregor' (qv).
- Briefly dated 'Michael Hutchence' (qv)