Mar. 17th, 1951
Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
5' 9 1/2
Kurt Russell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Grindhouse
2007 - Death Proof
2007 - Cutlass
2006 - Poseidon
2005 - Sky High
2005 - Dreamer: Inspired By a True Story
2004 - Miracle
2003 - Dark Blue
2002 - Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road
2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland
2001 - Vanilla Sky
1997 - Breakdown
1996 - Executive Decision
1996 - Escape from L.A.
1994 - Forrest Gump
1994 - Stargate
1993 - Tombstone
1992 - Unlawful Entry
1992 - Captain Ron
1991 - Backdraft
1989 - Tango & Cash
1988 - Tequila Sunrise
1987 - Overboard
1986 - Big Trouble in Little China
1986 - The Best Of Times
1985 - The Mean Season
1984 - Swing Shift
1983 - Silkwood
1982 - The Thing
1981 - Escape from New York
1981 - The Fox and the Hound
1980 - Used Cars
1975 - The Strongest Man in the World
1973 - Superdad
1972 - Now You See Him, Now You Don't
1969 - The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
1968 - The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit
1963 - It Happened at the World's Fair
Guest TV Roles
Officer David Singer
Johnny (segment "Love and the First-Nighters")
Kurt Russell landed a part in the 'Elvis Presley' movie, It Happened at the World's Fair (1963) when he was 10 years old. In 1960, 'Walt Disney' himself signed Russell to a 10 year contract. Once his stint as a child actor ended, he spent the early 1970's playing minor league baseball. In 1979, he gave a classic performance as 'Elvis Presley' in 'John Carpenter (I)'s ABC-TV movie. He followed with roles in a string of well-received films: Used Cars (1980), Escape from New York (1981), The Thing (1982) and Silkwood (1983). In 1983 he became reacquainted with 'Goldie Hawn' (who appeared with him in The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (1968) when they worked together on Swing Shift (1984). The two have lived together ever since. The movie was a failure - as was their next one together, Overboard (1987). During the 1980's, Russell starred in a rash of disappointments: The Best of Times (1986), Big Trouble in Little China (1986) and Winter People (1989). Finally, his career seemed to be seriously stalled. He only landed Tango & Cash (1989) after 'Patrick Swayze' dropped out; 'Dennis Quaid' was the first choice for the part in Backdraft (1991). In the end, these two roles were key in re-establishing him as a box-office draw. Russell and 'Goldie Hawn' live on a 72-acre retreat, Home Run Ranch, outside of Aspen. He has two sons, 'Boston Russell' (from a brief marriage to actress 'Season Hubley') and 'Wyatt Russell' with 'Goldie Hawn'.
- He appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "Voices That Care."
- Partner of 'Goldie Hawn' (qv) (1983 - present) 1 child.
- Was originally cast to play the cursed heroic knight Navarre in Ladyhawke (1985) while Rutger Hauer, who played the part of Navarre in the film, was the original choice to play the evil captain, even though Hauer had no interest in the part and was actually more interested in the part of the hero Navarre. When Russell dropped out of the project, Hauer took the role.
- Is a big fan of 'Elvis Presley' (qv), Patrick Rondat and 'Tom Robinson (II)' (qv).
- Was offered a role in _The Fog (1980)_ (qv).
- Auditioned for the role of _Flash Gordon (1980)_ (qv). The part went to 'Sam J. Jones (I)' (qv) instead.
- Is good friends with director 'John Carpenter (I)' (qv). The two have collaborated on five different films: _Elvis (1979/I) (TV)_ (qv), _Escape from New York (1981)_ (qv), _The Thing (1982)_ (qv), _Big Trouble in Little China (1986)_ (qv) and _Escape from L.A. (1996)_ (qv).
- He acted as father to 'Kate Hudson (I)' (qv) by walking her down the aisle and giving her away at her wedding to rock star 'Chris Robinson (VIII)' (qv).