Feb. 23rd, 1965
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Kristin Davis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Couples Retreat
2006 - Deck the Halls
2006 - The Shaggy Dog
2005 - The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D
1998 - Sour Grapes
1995 - Nine Months
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Judge
Kristin Landen Davis (born February 23, 1965) in Boulder, Colorado. An only child, her parents divorced when she was a baby and she was adopted by her stepfather after he married her mother in 1968. Early in her childhood, Davis and her parents moved to Columbia, South Carolina, where her stepfather (a psychology professor) was transferred to a university. She lived in South Carolina until she graduated high school in 1982. She then moved to New Jersey, where she attended Rutgers University. After graduation, she moved to New York and waited tables before opening a yoga studio with a friend.
In 1995, she got her big break when she landed the role of Brooke Armstrong Campbell on Melrose Place (1992). She left the show after one year when producers found that audience members hated her bitchy character. In 1998, Davis was cast as Charlotte York in Sex and the City (1998), of which she remained an integral cast member until the series ended in 2004.
Davis currently resides in Los Angeles. She is unmarried and has no children. In the near future she hopes to travel and would particularly like to visit India.
- Best friends with 'Melanie Shatner' (qv).
- Hobbies include Yoga, Baking and Hiking.
- Enjoys a wide variety of music, from 'Dave Matthews (I)' (qv), to Brazilian music, to 'Joni Mitchell' (qv)-type folk music and even 'Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart' (qv).
- Wanted to be an actress since age 10 when she was cast in a community theater production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".
- Her parents divorced when she was a baby, and she was adopted by her stepfather shortly after he married her mother in 1968.
- Childhood hero was 'Gloria Steinem' (qv).
- Is a Maybelline spokesperson.
- Was written out of _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv) in 1996 after only being with the show a year, reportedly because the viewers hated her character, Brooke, so much and the writers did not know what to do with her.