Feb. 23rd, 1965
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Kristin Davis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kristin Landen Davis (born February 23, 1965) in Boulder, Colorado. An only child, her parents divorced when she was a baby and she was adopted by her stepfather after he married her mother in 1968. Early in her childhood, Davis and her parents moved to Columbia, South Carolina, where her stepfather (a psychology professor) was transferred to a university. She lived in South Carolina until she graduated high school in 1982. She then moved to New Jersey, where she attended Rutgers University. After graduation, she moved to New York and waited tables before opening a yoga studio with a friend.
In 1995, she got her big break when she landed the role of Brooke Armstrong Campbell on Melrose Place (1992). She left the show after one year when producers found that audience members hated her bitchy character. In 1998, Davis was cast as Charlotte York in Sex and the City (1998), of which she remained an integral cast member until the series ended in 2004.
Davis currently resides in Los Angeles. She is unmarried and has no children. In the near future she hopes to travel and would particularly like to visit India.
- Best friends with 'Melanie Shatner' (qv).
- Was written out of _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv) in 1996 after only being with the show a year, reportedly because the viewers hated her character, Brooke, so much and the writers did not know what to do with her.
- Graduated from Rutgers University where her father was a psychology professor.
- Was a guest at 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv)'s 40th birthday.
- She moved to Columbia, South Carolina, when her father (a psychology professor) transferred to the university there. She later attended Rutgers University, and upon graduation moved to New York, where she began working in classical and contemporary theater, as well as commercials. Before her arrival on _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv), Kristin and a friend opened a yoga studio. She still enjoys yoga in her free time, as well as spinning and running. She resides in Los Angeles.
- She and her ex-boyfriend, 'Alec Baldwin' (qv), guest-starred on _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv) and _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), though not in the same episodes.
- Ranked #42 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Was the only one of the four actresses of _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) not to get an Emmy nomination until 2004. She saw her three co-stars frequently nominated, but finally scored an Emmy nomination for the show's final season.