Feb. 23rd, 1965
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Kristin Davis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
2009 - Couples Retreat
2006 - Deck the Halls
2006 - The Shaggy Dog
2005 - The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl
1998 - Sour Grapes
1995 - Nine Months
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kristin Landen Davis (born February 23, 1965) in Boulder, Colorado. An only child, her parents divorced when she was a baby and she was adopted by her stepfather after he married her mother in 1968. Early in her childhood, Davis and her parents moved to Columbia, South Carolina, where her stepfather (a psychology professor) was transferred to a university. She lived in South Carolina until she graduated high school in 1982. She then moved to New Jersey, where she attended Rutgers University. After graduation, she moved to New York and waited tables before opening a yoga studio with a friend.
In 1995, she got her big break when she landed the role of Brooke Armstrong Campbell on Melrose Place (1992). She left the show after one year when producers found that audience members hated her bitchy character. In 1998, Davis was cast as Charlotte York in Sex and the City (1998), of which she remained an integral cast member until the series ended in 2004.
Davis currently resides in Los Angeles. She is unmarried and has no children. In the near future she hopes to travel and would particularly like to visit India.
- She is the only of the four main actresses from _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) to guest-star on _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) and _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Ranked #42 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Childhood hero was 'Gloria Steinem' (qv).
- Her parents divorced when she was a baby, and she was adopted by her stepfather shortly after he married her mother in 1968.
- Enjoys a wide variety of music, from 'Dave Matthews (I)' (qv), to Brazilian music, to 'Joni Mitchell' (qv)-type folk music and even 'Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart' (qv).
- She moved to Columbia, South Carolina, when her father (a psychology professor) transferred to the university there. She later attended Rutgers University, and upon graduation moved to New York, where she began working in classical and contemporary theater, as well as commercials. Before her arrival on _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv), Kristin and a friend opened a yoga studio. She still enjoys yoga in her free time, as well as spinning and running. She resides in Los Angeles.
- Is a Maybelline spokesperson.
- Wanted to be an actress since age 10 when she was cast in a community theater production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".