Jul. 24th, 1968
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Kristin Chenoweth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Boy Next Door
2015 - The Peanuts Movie
2015 - Strange Magic
2014 - Rio 2
2014 - Showing Up
2013 - Family Weekend
2012 - Hit & Run
2010 - You Again
2009 - Into Temptation
2009 - Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
2008 - Space Chimps
2008 - Four Holidays
2006 - RV
2006 - Deck the Halls
2006 - The Pink Panther
2006 - Running with Scissors
2005 - Bewitched
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest Judge
Kristin Chenoweth is an American stage, screen and television actress. Though, depending on who you ask, Cheno fans may disagree on what her most famous roles are. Since Chenoweth began her career, she has been credited with roles in musicals and plays on and off-Broadway, on various television shows and can be seen in movies on television and the big screen. She has also lent her recognizable voice numerous times to animated features.
Chenoweth was born in the small town of Broken Arrow, OK. Soon after her birth, Chenoweth was adopted by Jerry and Junie Chenoweth. She is very open about her adoption and has been known to support various adoption causes and organization around the US. Although Chenoweth knows the backgrounds of her birth parents, she has commented that she has little interest in meeting them. The Chenoweth family includes older brother Mark. Chenoweth graduated from Broken Arrow High School and went on to study Musical Theater at Oklahoma City University. Under the guidance of Florence Birdwell, Chenoweth flourished in stage and vocal performance. She later received her Master's Degree in Opera Performance at OCU. An avid fan of all things Oklahoman, Chenoweth was inducted into the 2010 State Hall of Fame.
Fans of Kristin Chenoweth, the stage actress, have seen her stealing performances in Steel Pier, Epic Proportions, and The Apple Tree. In 1999, Chenoweth received the Tony Award for her performance as "Sally" in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown". Chenoweth is well-known as the originator of "Glinda" in the 2003 mega-hit musical "Wicked". The role, written with Chenoweth in mind, earned her a Tony Award Nomination amongst many other accolades. Chenoweth returned to Broadway in 2010, alongside Sean Hayes in the Broadway revival of "Promises, Promises".
In January of 2007, Chenoweth became the third musical theater performer in history to have a solo performance at NYC's Metropolitan Opera. She has also performed with various Symphonies around the world. Chenoweth has recorded 3 studio albums. Those who know Kristin best from her various television performances remember her as the quirky, down on love, "Olive Snook" on "Pushing Daisies" (2007). The role won Ms. Chenoweth an Emmy Award in 2009 for Best Supporting Actress. The show, ultimately canceled shortly after its 2nd season, is still considered by Kristin to be one of her favorite characters to play. In 2001, Chenoweth stared in the short-lived NBC comedy "Kristin" (2001). She has also been seen on "The West Wing" (1999), "Ugly Betty" (2006) and has a reoccurring role on Fox's "Glee" (2009) as the recovering alcoholic has-been, but lovable "April Rhodes" . Her appearances on "Glee" earned her a 3rd Emmy nomination.
Most recently, Ms. Chenoweth had a small part in the 2010 comedy, You Again (2010). She has also had roles in Four Christmases (2008), Deck the Halls (2006), Running with Scissors (2006) and Stranger Than Fiction (2006). In 2009, Chenoweth took on the challenging role as "Linda" in the film, Into Temptation (2009).
Ms. Chenoweth is bi-coastal spending a good amount of time in both New York and Los Angeles.
- Was engaged to 'Marc Kudisch' (qv) for three years - the relationship ended in 2001. Chenoweth turned down the role of Miss Dorothy in Thoroughly Modern Millie on Broadway in Spring 2002, in which Kudisch coincidentally played Trevor Graydon III. Turned down the role of Miss Dorothy in Thoroughly Modern Millie at the La Jolla Playhouse to star in the NBC sitcom _"Kristin" (2001)_ (qv).
- 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) met Kristin after a performance of "Wicked" and said she had enjoyed her performance as "Glinda the Good Witch" and that she would get a part written specifically for her in Kidman's new movie, _Bewitched (2005)_ (qv). A few months later, Kidman followed up on her promise.
- She was shortlisted to play Roxie Hart in _Chicago (2002)_ (qv), but the part ultimately went to 'Renée Zellweger' (qv). Kristin was also approached for the part of Mary Sunshine (which went to 'Christine Baranski' (qv)).
- As a child, Kristin auditioned for a role as an orphan in the 1982 film version of the Broadway musical, "Annie". She didn't get the part, primarily because her "New Yorker" accent (an imitation of 'Barbra Streisand' (qv)) sounded too phony. But Kristin later played the dim-witted villain "Lily St. Regis" in a made-for-TV movie of the musical.
- Is trained in singing opera. Has ongoing performances with various symphony orchestras.
- Broke up with 'Lane Garrison' (qv) in 2006.
- Is a member of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority.
- Is a 1986 graduate of Broken Arrow High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.