Oct. 12th, 1970
Panorama City, California, USA
Kirk Cameron's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kirk Thomas Cameron is an American actor. He is known for his role as Mike Seaver on the ABC sitcom Growing Pains, as well as several other television and film appearances as a child actor.
- Used to be neighbors with 'Adam Rich (II)' (qv), of _"Eight Is Enough" (1977)_ (qv) fame.
- Born on exactly the same day as 'Lala Sloatman' (qv).
- He and Chelsea are among the founders of Camp Firefly and The Firefly Foundation, which sponsor camping trips for terminally-ill children & their families.
- Once appeared on sister 'Candace Cameron Bure' (qv)'s show _"Full House" (1987)_ (qv) in 1988.
- Became a "born again" Christian while working on the show _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv). He admits that his religious beliefs put him at odds with the show's writers and that he flatly refused to do parts of the scripts as presented, but was willing to work around or to edit the offensive content.
- Ranked #19 in TV Guide's list of "TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols" (23 January 2005 issue).
- Met his wife, 'Chelsea Noble (I)' (qv), on the set of _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv).
- Ranked #15 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"