Sep. 14th, 1971
Rye, New York, USA
Kimberly Williams-Paisley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - How to Eat Fried Worms
2006 - We Are Marshall
1998 - Safe House
1995 - Coldblooded
1995 - Father of the Bride Part II
1993 - Indian Summer
1991 - Father of the Bride
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kimberly Williams-Paisley (born September 14, 1971) is an American actress who is known for her co-starring role on According to Jim, as well as her breakthrough performance as Annie Banks in Father of the Bride for which she was nominated for several awards, and its sequel, Father of the Bride Part II.
Born in Rye, New York, the daughter of Linda, a fund-raiser, and Gurney Williams, a health and science writer. She has a sister, actress 'Ashley Williams' and a brother, Jay Williams.
Williams has been in show business since the age of 13. In 1989 she directed the Rye High School Musical Revue. She left Northwestern University during her sophomore year to appear in the 1991 film version of Father of the Bride but returned to complete her degree in drama. While there she was a sister of the Alpha Phi sorority.
Williams-Paisley starred as Virginia in the NBC mini-series The 10th Kingdom.
She also played Dana in the ABC sitcom According to Jim for seven years, from 2001 to 2008 . She left the show after its seventh season, but returned for the show's final episode in 2009. Williams-Paisley replaced Arija Bareikis as Sunny in the Tony Award winning play The Last Night of Ballyhoo written by Alfred Uhry (of Driving Miss Daisy fame) sometime later in the play's February 1997 to June 1998 run.
In 2000s, she also starred in number of made for television movies, and also guest starred on Less than Perfect, Boston Legal, and Royal Pains. In film, she starred opposite 'Matthew McConaughey' in 2006 drama We Are Marshall.
In 2012, Williams-Paisley began starring in the recurring role of Peggy Kenter in the ABC drama series, Nashville.
Williams married country music singer Brad Paisley (March 2003). Williams-Paisley gave birth to her and Paisley's first child, a son named William Huckleberry Paisley, also known as "Huck" (b. February 22, 2007) in Nashville, Tennessee. They welcomed their second son, Jasper Warren Paisley (b. April 17, 2009).
Brad Paisley had seen Father of the Bride with a former girlfriend. They broke up, but when Father of the Bride Part II was released, he went to the theater hoping his former girl would do the same. She never showed up, but in an interview with an Atlanta County Radio station, he said that he watched Williams' performance and thought, "I'd love to marry a girl like her". This led to Paisley's lyrics in his Part II album. He used the pretense of planning a video of the song as a pickup line to meet Williams, but never intended to make the video. After they were dating, Williams appeared in a video for the song "I'm Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin' Song)" in 2002, the last release from Part II album.
Paisley has stated that Williams was the basis for his 2004 hit "Little Moments". Specifically the opening part, which reads as follows:
"Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard that pretty mouth say that dirty word. And I can't even remember now, what she backed my truck into. But she covered her mouth and her face got red and she just looked so darn cute. That I couldn't even act like I was mad- Yeah I live for little moments like that".
The two events were taken right from the first time Paisley heard her swear and how she started to blush when he found a dent in his truck. Williams even appeared in the music video for the song.
- Supported then-Illinois Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv) in the 2008 presidential election.
- Is a native of Rye, New York.
- On February 22, 2007 she and husband ,'Brad Paisley' (qv), had their first child, a boy named William Huckleberry Paisley (He goes by "Huck" for short). The boy was born at 5:20 am in Nashville, Tennessee and came into the world with black hair weighing in at 7 lbs, 7 oz. Kimberly was in labor for close to 10 hours.
- Second son, Jasper Warren Paisley, was born April 17, 2009. He weighed 9 lbs. 10 oz. Jasper got his middle name from Brad's grandfather who brought Brad his first guitar.
- Graduated with a drama degree from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
- Her son's first name, William, is from her maiden name, Williams.
- Announced that she is expecting her second child, with husband 'Brad Paisley' (qv), in April 2009 [October 15, 2008].
- Older sister of 'Ashley Williams (I)' (qv) and 'Jay Williams (X)' (qv).