Sep. 14th, 1971
Rye, New York, USA
Kimberly Williams-Paisley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - How to Eat Fried Worms
2006 - We Are Marshall
1998 - Safe House
1995 - Coldblooded
1995 - Father of the Bride Part II
1993 - Indian Summer
1991 - Father of the Bride
Guest TV Roles
Attorney Elisa Brooks
Herself - Guest
Kimberly Williams was born in Rye, New York, the daughter of Linda, a fund-raiser, and Gurney Williams, a health and science writer. Williams has been in show business since the age of 13. In 1989 she directed the Rye High School Musical Revue. She left Northwestern University during her sophomore year to appear in the 1991 film version of Father of the Bride but returned to complete her degree in drama. While there she was a sister of the Alpha Phi sorority.
Williams-Paisley is known for her role as Annie Banks in Father of the Bride (1991) and Father of the Bride Part II (1995), with 'Steve Martin' and 'Diane Keaton'. She starred as Virginia in the NBC mini-series The 10th Kingdom.
She also played Dana in the ABC sitcom According to Jim for seven years, from 2001 to 2008 . She left the show after its seventh season, but returned for the show's final episode in 2009. Williams-Paisley replaced Arija Bareikis as Sunny in the Tony Award winning play The Last Night of Ballyhoo written by Alfred Uhry (of Driving Miss Daisy fame) sometime later in the play's February 1997 to June 1998 run.
Williams married country star Brad Paisley on March 15, 2003.
Brad Paisley had seen Father of the Bride with a former girlfriend. They broke up, but when Father of the Bride Part II was released, he went to the theater hoping his former girl would do the same. She never showed up, but in an interview with an Atlanta County Radio station, he said that he watched Williams' performance and thought, "I'd love to marry a girl like her". This led to Paisley's lyrics in his Part II album. He used the pretense of planning a video of the song as a pickup line to meet Williams, but never intended to make the video. After they were dating, Williams appeared in a video for the song "I'm Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin' Song)" in 2002, the last release from Part II album.
She has a sister, actress 'Ashley Williams' and a brother, Jay Williams.
Paisley has stated that Williams was the basis for his 2004 hit "Little Moments". Specifically the opening part, which reads as follows:
"Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard that pretty mouth say that dirty word. And I can't even remember now, what she backed my truck into. But she covered her mouth and her face got red and she just looked so darn cute. That I couldn't even act like I was mad- Yeah I live for little moments like that".
The two events were taken right from the first time Paisley heard her swear and how she started to blush when he found a dent in his truck. Williams even appeared in the music video for the song.
- She and her husband have a dog named Hollar whose name comes from the part of Nashville he was found in.
- Daughter of 'Gurney Williams (II)' (qv), a freelance medical journalist, and 'Linda Williams (XIII)' (qv), a fundraiser.
- Second son, Jasper Warren Paisley, was born April 17, 2009. He weighed 9 lbs. 10 oz. Jasper got his middle name from Brad's grandfather who brought Brad his first guitar.
- Announced that she is expecting her second child, with husband 'Brad Paisley' (qv), in April 2009 [October 15, 2008].
- On February 22, 2007 she and husband ,'Brad Paisley' (qv), had their first child, a boy named William Huckleberry Paisley (He goes by "Huck" for short). The boy was born at 5:20 am in Nashville, Tennessee and came into the world with black hair weighing in at 7 lbs, 7 oz. Kimberly was in labor for close to 10 hours.
- (May 1997-1999) Dated tennis star 'Pete Sampras' (qv).
- (October 2002) Engaged to country music star 'Brad Paisley' (qv).
- Her son's first name, William, is from her maiden name, Williams.