Aug. 21st, 1956
Liverpool, England, UK
Kim Cattrall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kim Cattrall was born on August 21, 1956, in Widnes, England, approximately 16 miles east of Liverpool. At the age of three months, emigrated with her father, Dennis, and mother, Shane, to Canada, where a large number of her films have been made. At the age of eleven, Kim returned to her native country and studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Upon her return to Vancouver, Canada, Kim graduated high school at age sixteen and won a scholarship to study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. During her final year at the academy, she won a part in Otto Preminger's Rosebud (1975). Following her film debut, Kim returned to the theatre: First in Vancouver and then played repertory in Toronto prior to winning a contract at Universal in Los Angeles.
- Was a member of the International Order of Job's Daughters at Bethel No. 8, Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada.
- Said on _"Tracks" (1997)_ (qv) she understood that many fans didn't like the series finale of _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv). She believes that her character "Samantha Jones" would have left her younger boyfriend some weeks later.
- 2000-2001: Capitalized on her role as a femme fatale on _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) when she was hired by Pepsi as their television campaign spokesperson, appearing in steamy locker room- and Little Red Riding Hood-themed TV spots promoting their short-lived Pepsi One product.
- Is fluent in German.
- Was engaged to 'Daniel Benzali' (qv).
- Has an older sister who is a school teacher in Courtenay, British Columbia.
- Dated former Canadian Prime Minister 'Pierre Trudeau' (qv), whom she met at the premiere of _Tribute (1980)_ (qv).
- Friend of 'Isabelle Huppert' (qv).