Aug. 21st, 1956
Liverpool, England, UK
Kim Cattrall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Being Canadian
2011 - Meet Monica Velour
2010 - The Ghost Writer
2005 - Ice Princess
2002 - Crossroads
2001 - 15 Minutes
1999 - Baby Geniuses
1996 - Unforgettable
1995 - Live Nude Girls
1995 - Above Suspicion
1994 - Doppio sospetto
1992 - Split Second
1991 - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
1990 - The Bonfire of the Vanities
1989 - The Return of the Musketeers
1988 - Masquerade
1987 - Mannequin
1986 - Big Trouble in Little China
1984 - Police Academy
1975 - Rosebud
Guest TV Roles
Fourth Simpsons Child (Voiced)
Dr. Gabrielle White
Kim Cattrall was born on August 21, 1956, in Widnes, England, approximately 16 miles east of Liverpool. At the age of three months, emigrated with her father, Dennis, and mother, Shane, to Canada, where a large number of her films have been made. At the age of eleven, Kim returned to her native country and studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Upon her return to Vancouver, Canada, Kim graduated high school at age sixteen and won a scholarship to study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. During her final year at the academy, she won a part in Otto Preminger's Rosebud (1975). Following her film debut, Kim returned to the theatre: First in Vancouver and then played repertory in Toronto prior to winning a contract at Universal in Los Angeles.
- According to costume designer 'Ann Roth (I)' (qv), the actress diligently took two months to diet herself down to a size four in order to play a bony society wife in _The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990)_ (qv).
- Is an advocate for senior citizens.
- Is fluent in German.
- Named one of People Magazine's "25 Most Intriguing People of 2001."
- 6/7/05: Won a Glammy Award at the British Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards held in Berkeley Square Gardens, London, England. She won for Theatre Actress of the Year for her performance in the West End play, "Whose Life Is It Anyway?".
- Dated former Canadian Prime Minister 'Pierre Trudeau' (qv), whom she met at the premiere of _Tribute (1980)_ (qv).
- Kim has two older sisters and a younger brother.
- Said on _"Tracks" (1997)_ (qv) she understood that many fans didn't like the series finale of _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv). She believes that her character "Samantha Jones" would have left her younger boyfriend some weeks later.