Aug. 21st, 1956
Liverpool, England, UK
Kim Cattrall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kim Cattrall was born on August 21, 1956, in Widnes, England, approximately 16 miles east of Liverpool. At the age of three months, emigrated with her father, Dennis, and mother, Shane, to Canada, where a large number of her films have been made. At the age of eleven, Kim returned to her native country and studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Upon her return to Vancouver, Canada, Kim graduated high school at age sixteen and won a scholarship to study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. During her final year at the academy, she won a part in Otto Preminger's Rosebud (1975). Following her film debut, Kim returned to the theatre: First in Vancouver and then played repertory in Toronto prior to winning a contract at Universal in Los Angeles.
- Friend of 'Isabelle Huppert' (qv).
- Said on _"Tracks" (1997)_ (qv) she understood that many fans didn't like the series finale of _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv). She believes that her character "Samantha Jones" would have left her younger boyfriend some weeks later.
- 9/25/02: Hosted the 12th annual "A Magical Evening" gala at the Marriott Marquis in New York City, in celebration of the 50th birthday of 'Christopher Reeve' (qv). All proceeds of the black-tie gala and live auction benefited the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation (CRPF).
- Dated former Canadian Prime Minister 'Pierre Trudeau' (qv), whom she met at the premiere of _Tribute (1980)_ (qv).
- Born in Liverpool, England, she moved with her parents at the age of three months to Canada and was raised in Little River, British Columbia, a small community on the eastern side of Vancouver Island.
- Named one of People Magazine's "25 Most Intriguing People of 2001."
- Was engaged to 'Daniel Benzali' (qv).
- Is an advocate for senior citizens.