Aug. 21st, 1956
Liverpool, England, UK
Kim Cattrall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kim Cattrall was born on August 21, 1956, in Widnes, England, approximately 16 miles east of Liverpool. At the age of three months, emigrated with her father, Dennis, and mother, Shane, to Canada, where a large number of her films have been made. At the age of eleven, Kim returned to her native country and studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Upon her return to Vancouver, Canada, Kim graduated high school at age sixteen and won a scholarship to study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. During her final year at the academy, she won a part in Otto Preminger's Rosebud (1975). Following her film debut, Kim returned to the theatre: First in Vancouver and then played repertory in Toronto prior to winning a contract at Universal in Los Angeles.
- Is an advocate for senior citizens.
- 6/7/05: Won a Glammy Award at the British Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards held in Berkeley Square Gardens, London, England. She won for Theatre Actress of the Year for her performance in the West End play, "Whose Life Is It Anyway?".
- 2000: Presented at the GLAAD Media Awards to honor films and TV shows that accurately portray gay and lesbian people.
- Was engaged to 'Daniel Benzali' (qv).
- Is fluent in German.
- Named one of People Magazine's "25 Most Intriguing People of 2001."
- One of the last participants in the studio "contract" system.
- Her grandmother was a babysitter of 'Ringo Starr' (qv).