Aug. 21st, 1956
Liverpool, England, UK
Kim Cattrall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kim Cattrall was born on August 21, 1956, in Widnes, England, approximately 16 miles east of Liverpool. At the age of three months, emigrated with her father, Dennis, and mother, Shane, to Canada, where a large number of her films have been made. At the age of eleven, Kim returned to her native country and studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Upon her return to Vancouver, Canada, Kim graduated high school at age sixteen and won a scholarship to study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. During her final year at the academy, she won a part in Otto Preminger's Rosebud (1975). Following her film debut, Kim returned to the theatre: First in Vancouver and then played repertory in Toronto prior to winning a contract at Universal in Los Angeles.
- Was engaged to 'Daniel Benzali' (qv).
- One of the last participants in the studio "contract" system.
- Kim has two older sisters and a younger brother.
- Is an advocate for senior citizens.
- Her grandmother was a babysitter of 'Ringo Starr' (qv).
- 2000-2001: Capitalized on her role as a femme fatale on _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) when she was hired by Pepsi as their television campaign spokesperson, appearing in steamy locker room- and Little Red Riding Hood-themed TV spots promoting their short-lived Pepsi One product.
- Was a member of the International Order of Job's Daughters at Bethel No. 8, Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada.
- Born in Liverpool, England, she moved with her parents at the age of three months to Canada and was raised in Little River, British Columbia, a small community on the eastern side of Vancouver Island.