Aug. 21st, 1956
Liverpool, England, UK
Kim Cattrall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kim Cattrall was born on August 21, 1956, in Widnes, England, approximately 16 miles east of Liverpool. At the age of three months, emigrated with her father, Dennis, and mother, Shane, to Canada, where a large number of her films have been made. At the age of eleven, Kim returned to her native country and studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Upon her return to Vancouver, Canada, Kim graduated high school at age sixteen and won a scholarship to study at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. During her final year at the academy, she won a part in Otto Preminger's Rosebud (1975). Following her film debut, Kim returned to the theatre: First in Vancouver and then played repertory in Toronto prior to winning a contract at Universal in Los Angeles.
- 6/7/05: Won a Glammy Award at the British Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards held in Berkeley Square Gardens, London, England. She won for Theatre Actress of the Year for her performance in the West End play, "Whose Life Is It Anyway?".
- Said on _"Tracks" (1997)_ (qv) she understood that many fans didn't like the series finale of _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv). She believes that her character "Samantha Jones" would have left her younger boyfriend some weeks later.
- 2000-2001: Capitalized on her role as a femme fatale on _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) when she was hired by Pepsi as their television campaign spokesperson, appearing in steamy locker room- and Little Red Riding Hood-themed TV spots promoting their short-lived Pepsi One product.
- 2000: Presented at the GLAAD Media Awards to honor films and TV shows that accurately portray gay and lesbian people.
- 9/25/02: Hosted the 12th annual "A Magical Evening" gala at the Marriott Marquis in New York City, in celebration of the 50th birthday of 'Christopher Reeve' (qv). All proceeds of the black-tie gala and live auction benefited the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation (CRPF).
- Studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art when she was eleven.
- Dated former Canadian Prime Minister 'Pierre Trudeau' (qv), whom she met at the premiere of _Tribute (1980)_ (qv).
- Is fluent in German.