Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Jack Bauer (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- Attended the funeral of actor 'Brandon Lee (I)' (qv) (who was accidentally shot by 'Michael Massee' (qv) while filming _The Crow (1994)_ (qv)). Coincidentally, Massee later played villain Ira Gaines in the first season of _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- Starred alongside 'Dennis Hopper' (qv) in _Flashback (1990/I)_ (qv). Hopper later played "Victor Drazen" in the final four episodes of Season One of _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- Plays ice hockey on a celebrity team.
- Earned first place in the US Team Roping Championships.
- Daughter, 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv), with 'Camelia Kath' (qv), was born on February 18, 1988. Daughter 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv) was named after actress 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv) and singer/songwriter/composer 'Jude Cole' (qv).
- Is close friends with hockey legend 'Wayne Gretzky' (qv).
- Within the same year, had played the character of The Caller in the movie _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv) and of Jack Bauer in the television series _"24" (2001)_ (qv). Both projects were created by Fox. The events of both projects take place in "real time". And both projects were delayed by Fox due to national threats: _"24" (2001)_ (qv) due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv) due to sniper shootings.
- Was roommates with 'Robert Downey Jr.' (qv) for three years during their early days in Hollywood in the 80s.