Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Jack Bauer (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- For his role in _The Wild (2006)_ (qv), he had to practice roaring like a lion. Rather than doing it at his home with his daughter and stepdaughter around, he practiced in his car while driving on the freeway, completely unaware of a woman in the next lane watching him.
- Daughter, 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv), with 'Camelia Kath' (qv), was born on February 18, 1988. Daughter 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv) was named after actress 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv) and singer/songwriter/composer 'Jude Cole' (qv).
- During the fourth season of _"24" (2001)_ (qv), he filmed a Public Service Announcement to tell viewers that the show's creators were not trying to exploit 9/11 in their storylines, and that the whole terrorist storyline was fictional.
- Shares birthday with _The Three Musketeers (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Julie Delpy' (qv).
- Traveled with the rodeo circuit in the late 1990s and won rodeos in Phoenix and Albuquerque.
- Son of actor 'Donald Sutherland (I)' (qv) and actress 'Shirley Douglas' (qv)
- Lives in the Silver Lake area of Los Angeles.
- His daughter, 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv), will graduate in the class of 2006 from Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences in Santa Monica, California (Vanity Fair Magazine, February 2005).