Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Jack Bauer (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- For his role in _The Wild (2006)_ (qv), he had to practice roaring like a lion. Rather than doing it at his home with his daughter and stepdaughter around, he practiced in his car while driving on the freeway, completely unaware of a woman in the next lane watching him.
- His vampire likeness from _The Lost Boys (1987)_ (qv) is featured on the cover of J. Gordon Melton's "The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead." In a captioned picture inside the book, his name is misspelled as "Keifer."
- His great-great-grandmother through male line was a third cousin of President Rutherford Birchard Hayes. Ironically, on "24"'s 5th season, his character Jack Bauer had to work with a Homeland Security agent named Karen Hayes.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 7024 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- His stepdaughter Michelle Kath is expecting her first child in February 2005.
- Daughter, 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv), with 'Camelia Kath' (qv), was born on February 18, 1988. Daughter 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv) was named after actress 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv) and singer/songwriter/composer 'Jude Cole' (qv).
- His ex-wife, 'Camelia Kath' (qv), is the widow of 'Chicago (I)' (qv) guitarist 'Terry Kath' (qv).
- When starting up on the rodeo circuit he decided to buy all the things needed. The horses, the bulls/cows, the tractors, the 900 acre ranch in Montana, then sold it once he was finished.