Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Jack Bauer (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Kiefer Sutherland was born on December 21st, 1966 in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in "The Mission", an episode of Amazing Stories (1985)and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- Son of actor 'Donald Sutherland (I)' (qv) and actress 'Shirley Douglas' (qv)
- Was roommates with 'Robert Downey Jr.' (qv) for three years during their early days in Hollywood in the 80s.
- Shares birthday with _The Three Musketeers (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Julie Delpy' (qv).
- Shares a birthday with 'Jane Fonda' (qv), 'Samuel L. Jackson' (qv), and 'Ray Romano (I)' (qv).
- When he was eight, he moved to Canada where he spent the next eight years of his life.
- Considers his father, 'Donald Sutherland (I)' (qv), to be one of the greatest actors of all-time.
- His vampire likeness from _The Lost Boys (1987)_ (qv) is featured on the cover of J. Gordon Melton's "The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead." In a captioned picture inside the book, his name is misspelled as "Keifer."
- His _"24" (2001)_ (qv) character Jack Bauer was spoofed by 'John Culshaw' (qv) on _"Dead Ringers" (2002)_ (qv).