Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- Has a 1967 Chevy Chevelle that he has a "personal attachment to"
- Went to Martingrove Collegiate Institute in Etobicoke, Ontario
- During filming of _Stand by Me (1986)_ (qv), stayed in character off-camera by often picking on 'Wil Wheaton' (qv), 'River Phoenix' (qv), 'Corey Feldman' (qv) and 'Jerry O'Connell' (qv).
- Is a huge fan of the rock band 'Queen (I)' (qv).
- When his character, Jack Bauer, got a new tattoo (part of the plot line) for Season 3 of _"24" (2001)_ (qv) instead of having to go though tedious make up for each scene which the tattoo would show, Kiefer had a real tattoo inked onto his arm.
- For his role in _The Wild (2006)_ (qv), he had to practice roaring like a lion. Rather than doing it at his home with his daughter and stepdaughter around, he practiced in his car while driving on the freeway, completely unaware of a woman in the next lane watching him.
- Is on screen for less than three minutes in _Taking Lives (2004)_ (qv), even though he shares top billing with 'Ethan Hawke' (qv) and 'Angelina Jolie' (qv).
- Attended St. Andrew's College in Aurora, Ontario.