Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Jack Bauer (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- His great-great-grandmother through male line was a third cousin of President Rutherford Birchard Hayes. Ironically, on "24"'s 5th season, his character Jack Bauer had to work with a Homeland Security agent named Karen Hayes.
- Daughter, 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv), with 'Camelia Kath' (qv), was born on February 18, 1988. Daughter 'Sarah Sutherland (I)' (qv) was named after actress 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv) and singer/songwriter/composer 'Jude Cole' (qv).
- Traveled with the rodeo circuit in the late 1990s and won rodeos in Phoenix and Albuquerque.
- Has a 1967 Chevy Chevelle that he has a "personal attachment to"
- Was originally slated to play grandfather 'Tommy Douglas (I)' (qv) in _"Prairie Giant: The Tommy Douglas Story" (2006)_ (qv), but had to relinquish the role in late 2004 due to scheduling conflicts with the fourth season of _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- His _"24" (2001)_ (qv) character Jack Bauer was spoofed by 'John Culshaw' (qv) on _"Dead Ringers" (2002)_ (qv).
- When starting up on the rodeo circuit he decided to buy all the things needed. The horses, the bulls/cows, the tractors, the 900 acre ranch in Montana, then sold it once he was finished.
- Within the same year, had played the character of The Caller in the movie _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv) and of Jack Bauer in the television series _"24" (2001)_ (qv). Both projects were created by Fox. The events of both projects take place in "real time". And both projects were delayed by Fox due to national threats: _"24" (2001)_ (qv) due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv) due to sniper shootings.