Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Jack Bauer (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- Grandson of former Saskatchewan premier 'Tommy Douglas (I)' (qv), leader of the first elected socialist government in North America. Douglas was premier from 1944-1961, and was known as the father of Canada's government-funded medical system.
- Even though he physically appears onscreen for less than three minutes in _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv), he received second billing behind 'Colin Farrell (I)' (qv).
- Wasn't aware of father 'Donald Sutherland (I)' (qv) as an actor until he was 18.
- He has a border collie named Molly.
- Within the same year, had played the character of The Caller in the movie _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv) and of Jack Bauer in the television series _"24" (2001)_ (qv). Both projects were created by Fox. The events of both projects take place in "real time". And both projects were delayed by Fox due to national threats: _"24" (2001)_ (qv) due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and _Phone Booth (2002)_ (qv) due to sniper shootings.
- When his character, Jack Bauer, got a new tattoo (part of the plot line) for Season 3 of _"24" (2001)_ (qv) instead of having to go though tedious make up for each scene which the tattoo would show, Kiefer had a real tattoo inked onto his arm.
- His stepdaughter Michelle Kath is expecting her first child in February 2005.
- His role as Jack Bauer in _"24" (2001)_ (qv) is his first regular role on a television series.