Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles
Jack Bauer (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Kiefer Sutherland was born on December 21st, 1966 in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in "The Mission", an episode of Amazing Stories (1985)and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- He left Canada to do commercials in New York. In 1983 he landed a jeans advertisement and got enough money to buy a car and go to California.
- Owns Ironworks Studio together with his musical partner singer/songwriter/composer 'Jude Cole' (qv). Kiefer also owns a valuable collection of about 50 vintage guitars which he and his partners has been playing in studio sessions and live performances.
- Has three half-brothers: 'Roeg Sutherland' (qv) (b. 1974), 'Rossif Sutherland' (qv) (b. 1978) and 'Angus Sutherland (I)' (qv) (b. 1982).
- In an episode of _"24" (2001)_ (qv), his character Jack Bauer is brought back after a heart failure. The same thing happened in _Flatliners (1990)_ (qv), where he played Nelson.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television at 7024 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- His stepdaughter Michelle Kath is expecting her first child in February 2005.
- His role as Jack Bauer in _"24" (2001)_ (qv) is his first regular role on a television series.
- Arrested on suspicion of DUI in Los Angeles on September 25, 2007.