Sep. 24th, 1958
Mound, Minnesota, USA
Kevin Sorbo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kevin spent 3 years traveling around the world, modeling for print ads and appearing in over 150 commercials, before landing in his breakout series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" (1995). Kevin David Sorbo was born in Mound, Minnesota, on September 24, 1958. In high school, the "Sorbs" excelled at football, baseball and basketball; in college, he played these 3 sports, plus hockey. Kevin was also in a number of plays. After leaving college, Kevin joined an actors theater group, and traveled to Europe, then to Sydney, Australia appearing in commercials. At the end of 1986, he settled in Los Angeles. Kevin began to make guest appearances on such popular shows as "Murder, She Wrote" (1984). At 6' 3" and very muscular, Kevin was a natural for the title role in what would become his signature series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" (1995). Kevin became internationally famous, and he learned the craft of film-making well enough to direct and co-write some of the episodes. Kevin even studied martial arts in order to do many of his own stunts. In real life, Kevin's heart is as big as Hercules'-- he leads "A World Fit for Kids!" as the chair and spokesperson. Kevin devotes much of his time to "A World Fit For Kids!" which is a successful mentoring model that trains inner-city teens to use school, fitness, sports and positive role models for themselves, and then become the coaches and mentors for younger children. In 1998, Kevin married lovely actress Sam Jenkins (I), best known for her dual role on "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" (1995) as Serena/the Golden Hind ("Hind" is a female red deer).
- Second child, son Shane Haaken Sorbo, weighing in at 12 pounds, 6 ounces. [31 March 2004]
- Grew up in Mound, Minnesota.
- Worked as a bouncer & a model before getting his break in _"Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" (1995)_ (qv).
- He was runner-up to 'Dean Cain' (qv) for the role of Superman on TV's _"Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" (1993)_ (qv).
- Began his career with an one-liner in a TV commercial for Jim Beam whiskey: 'This ain't Jim Beam.'
- Born at 7:48am-CDT
- Was a possible for 'David Duchovny' (qv)'s role in _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv).
- (Fall 1997) Underwent drug therapy for an aneurysm in his left shoulder; complications from the medication forced him to withdraw from a planned role in _Black Dog (1998)_ (qv).