Jul. 8th, 1958
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Kevin Bacon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kevin Norwood Bacon (born July 8, 1958) is an American actor and musician whose notable roles include National Lampoon's Animal House (1978), Friday the 13th (1980), Diner (1982), Footloose (1984), She's Having a Baby (1988), Flatliners (1990), Tremors (1990), Wild Things (1998), JFK (1991), A Few Good Men (1992), The River Wild (1994), Murder in the First (1995), Apollo 13 (1995), Stir of Echoes (1999), Hollow Man (2000), Trapped (2002), Mystic River (2003), The Woodsman (2004), Death Sentence (2007), Frost/Nixon (2008), and X-Men: First Class (2011).
Bacon, one of six children, was born and raised in a close-knit family in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His mother, Ruth Hilda Holmes, taught at an elementary school and was a liberal activist, while his father, Edmund Norwood Bacon, was a well-respected architect and a prominent Philadelphian who had been Executive Director of the Philadelphia City Planning Commission for many years. At 16, in 1975, Bacon won a full scholarship to and attended the Pennsylvania Governor's School for the Arts at Bucknell University, a state-funded five-week arts program at which he studied theatre under Dr. Glory Van Scott. The experience solidified Bacon's passion for the arts.
Bacon has won a Golden Globe Award, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, and was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award. He was named by The Guardian as one of the best actors never to have received an Academy Award nomination. In 2003, Bacon received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Bacon has been married to actress 'Kyra Sedgwick' since September 4, 1988; they met on the set of the PBS version of Lanford Wilson's play Lemon Sky. He has said "The time I was hitting what I considered to be bottom was also the time I met my wife, our kids were born, good things were happening. And I was able to keep supporting myself; that always gave me strength". Bacon and Sedgwick have starred together in Pyrates, Murder in the First, The Woodsman, and Loverboy. They have two children, Travis Sedgwick (b. 1989) and Sosie Ruth (b. 1992). The family resides on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Bacon formed a band called The Bacon Brothers with his brother, Michael. The duo has released six albums.
He currently stars on the Fox television series The Following.
- Brother-in-law of 'Robert Sedgwick' (qv) and 'Betsy Bacon' (qv).
- Met wife 'Kyra Sedgwick' (qv) on the set of _Lemon Sky (1988) (TV)_ (qv).
- Uncle of 'Neal Bacon' (qv).
- Daughter, 'Sosie Bacon' (qv), was born on March 15, 1992, with wife 'Kyra Sedgwick' (qv).
- Son, 'Travis Bacon' (qv) (born June 23, 1989), with wife 'Kyra Sedgwick' (qv).
- Is a fifth cousin of William Thomas Hamill Jr., married to Virginia Suzanne Johnson, the parents of 'Mark Hamill (I)' (qv).
- Attended the prestigious Julia Reynolds Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School in Philadelphia with his brother, Michael.
- He was the first choice for the 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv) part in _Being John Malkovich (1999)_ (qv).