Jul. 13th, 1963
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Kenny Johnson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Ungodly
1998 - Blade
1998 - Major League: Back to the Minors
Guest TV Roles
U.S. Marshal Max Clayton
- Originally read for the part of Earl, in _"Saving Grace" (2007)_ (qv) but ended up, playing the emotionally conflicted cop, boyfriend, and partner Ham Dewey, to 'Holly Hunter' (qv) and her portrayal of Grace.
- He is dyslexic (according to an interview in the documentary "Under The Skin") a commentary on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv) S4 DVD. He has worked very hard to overcome his learning differences. Although reading is still one of the hardest things for him to do he regards it as a challenge, and often times has someone read scripts aloud to him, then he learns lines very quickly.
- He and 'Casper Van Dien' (qv) are best friends. He also includes 'Walton Goggins' (qv) and 'Michael Chiklis' (qv) as his close personal friends.
- He was a world class arm wrestler until he stopped competing in 1995, although he will still wrestle for fun. The all-around athlete, Johnson is an accomplishes motorcyclist, avid golfer, has raced snowmobiles, ridden horses, skis, boxes, plays in the NBA Entertainment League, and appears in many celebrity sports invitationals and baseball events.
- He originally auditioned for the role of ill-fated Terry Crowley on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv) which ultimately went to Reed Diamond. Fortunately for Johnson, series creator Shawn Ryan was so impressed with his audition that the role of Lem was created especially for him.
- Early in his career, he modeled and made commercials. Made one of the first L.A. Gear commercials. He also appeared in a Pringles spot with a then-unknown actor named 'Brad Pitt' (qv).
- Played collegiate football and baseball at Central Connecticut University and sustained a cracked vertebrae in his back.
- Although he played the youngest member of the Strike Team on _"The Shield" (2002)_ (qv), he is, in fact, the oldest.