Nov. 6th, 1968
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA
Kelly Rutherford's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Stream
2000 - Scream 3
2000 - The Chaos Factor
1994 - I Love Trouble
1988 - Shakedown
Guest TV Roles
Deputy Mayor Melinda Lockhart
Marilyn Lanier (segment "The Passenger List")
Roxanne 'Roxie' Hill
Kelly Deane Melissa Rutherford (born November 6, 1968) is an American actress known for her roles of Stephanie "Sam" Whitmore on Generations, Megan Lewis on Melrose Place from 1996 to 1999 and currently as Lily van der Woodsen on Gossip Girl.
In addition to her work on Generations and Melrose Place, Rutherford also starred in the early 1990s Homefront as Judy Owen, in 1995's The Great Defender as Frankie Collet, in 1996's Kindred: The Embraced as Caitlin Byrne, in 2003's Threat Matrix as Special Agent Frankie Ellroy Kilmer, and had a recurring role in The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. as Dixie Cousins. She also had a small role on Scream 3 in 2000. Most recently, Rutherford starred as Samantha "Sonny" Liston, on the cancelled TV series E-Ring. Rutherford currently stars as Lily van der Woodsen in The CW teen drama Gossip Girl.
Born in Elizabethtown, the seat of Hardin County, in central Kentucky. She is the daughter of Ann Edwards, a model and writer, who is divorced from Rutherford's father. She has a younger brother, Anthony, and two younger sisters, Courtney and Lindsey.
Rutherford was married to Carlos Tarajano from June 30, 2001, to January 11, 2002.
Rutherford married her second husband, German businessman Daniel Giersch in August 2006. She gave birth to their first child, a boy named Hermés Gustaf Daniel Giersch on October 18, 2006. Rutherford delivered their second child, a girl named Helena Grace Rutherford Giersch, on June 8, 2009. Both children were born at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. On December 30, 2008, Rutherford filed for divorce from Giersch. She cited irreconcilable differences on the paperwork, which was submitted to a judge at Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Older sister of Anthony, Courtney and Lindsey.
- Left her then-husband Carlos a week before the airing of an In Style special on celebrity weddings that included footage of their wedding.
- Her husband, Daniel Giersch, is a businessman.
- Friends with _"The O.C." (2003)_ (qv) actress 'Kelly Rowan' (qv).
- Gave birth to her second child, a girl named Helena Grace, in Los Angeles on June 8, 2009 at 10pm.
- (December 2008) Filed for divorce from 'Daniel Giersch' (qv).
- (Summer 2001) Shortly after her wedding her then 31-year-old husband had an unexpected cardiac arrest - he recovered.
- Daughter of Ann Edwards, a model and writer.