Oct. 2nd, 1970
Stratford, New Jersey, USA
Kelly Ripa's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Delgo
2008 - Fly Me to the Moon
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2003 - Cheaper by the Dozen
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kelly Ripa had been performing in her senior high school play, The Ugly Duckling, when she was approached by her current manager, Cathy Parker, who encouraged her to pursue acting. After attending new Jersey's Camden County Community College, she performed in local theater productions before joining "All My Children" (1970) in November, 1990. Kelly has received nominations for a 1993 Daytime Emmy Award and a 1993 Soap Opera Award. Kelly, is the first in her family to enter the acting profession. She had studied ballet since age three, plays the piano and, in her words, is "no Barbra Streisand", but can carry a tune.
- Named one of People Magazine's "25 Most Intriguing People of 2001".
- She and her husband, 'Mark Consuelos' (qv), attended 'Donald Trump' (qv)'s wedding to 'Melania Trump' (qv).
- Her father, Joe, is a Camden County Freeholder (New Jersey version of a County Commissioner.) He was first elected in 2002.
- Ranked #85 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Attended Eastern Regional High School in Voorhees, New Jersey (class of 1989).
- Announced on St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2006 that she is 3/4 Italian and 1/4 Irish. Her father is full Italian American and her mother is Italian and Irish American.
- Referred to as "Pipa" (only) by her friend and co-host, 'Regis Philbin' (qv).
- Kelly regularly chooses to host entire episodes of _"Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (1989)_ (qv) barefoot.