Oct. 2nd, 1970
Stratford, New Jersey, USA
Kelly Ripa's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Delgo
2008 - Fly Me to the Moon
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2003 - Cheaper by the Dozen
1996 - Marvin's Room
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Panelist
Herself - Guest Judge
The New Cadet (Voiced)
Kelly Ripa had been performing in her senior high school play, The Ugly Duckling, when she was approached by her current manager, Cathy Parker, who encouraged her to pursue acting. After attending new Jersey's Camden County Community College, she performed in local theater productions before joining "All My Children" (1970) in November, 1990. Kelly has received nominations for a 1993 Daytime Emmy Award and a 1993 Soap Opera Award. Kelly, is the first in her family to enter the acting profession. She had studied ballet since age three, plays the piano and, in her words, is "no Barbra Streisand", but can carry a tune.
- Former high school cheerleader.
- In September 2006, she was involved in two attempts to break the Guinness World Record for Most Custard Pies Thrown in One Minute during segments on "Live with Regis & Kelly". She was on the receiving end when NASCAR driver 'Matt Kenseth' (qv) initially broke the record with 17 pies thrown. The following day, Kelly herself broke that record, throwing 22 pies at 'Wilmer Valderrama' (qv).
- Announced on St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2006 that she is 3/4 Italian and 1/4 Irish. Her father is full Italian American and her mother is Italian and Irish American.
- Is a fan of _"The Apprentice" (2004)_ (qv) and _"Wife Swap" (2003)_ (qv).
- Kelly regularly chooses to host entire episodes of _"Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (1989)_ (qv) barefoot.
- Best friends and roommates with 'Laura Wright (I)' (qv) from 1991-1993.
- Ranked #85 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Participated in the ABC First-Ever Super Soap Weekend at Disney/MGM Studios, FL on October 19 and 20, 1996.