Oct. 2nd, 1970
Stratford, New Jersey, USA
Kelly Ripa's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kelly Ripa had been performing in her senior high school play, The Ugly Duckling, when she was approached by her current manager, Cathy Parker, who encouraged her to pursue acting. After attending new Jersey's Camden County Community College, she performed in local theater productions before joining All My Children (1970) in November, 1990. Kelly has received nominations for a 1993 Daytime Emmy Award and a 1993 Soap Opera Award. Kelly, is the first in her family to enter the acting profession. She had studied ballet since age three, plays the piano and, in her words, is "no Barbra Streisand", but can carry a tune.
- Ranked #85 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Participated in the ABC First-Ever Super Soap Weekend at Disney/MGM Studios, FL on October 19 and 20, 1996.
- Worked opposite _"All My Children" (1970)_ (qv) co-star 'John Callahan (I)' (qv) in the movie _Marvin's Room (1996)_ (qv).
- She and her husband, 'Mark Consuelos' (qv), attended 'Star Jones (I)' (qv)' wedding to Al Reynolds.
- In September 2006, she was involved in two attempts to break the Guinness World Record for Most Custard Pies Thrown in One Minute during segments on "Live with Regis & Kelly". She was on the receiving end when NASCAR driver 'Matt Kenseth' (qv) initially broke the record with 17 pies thrown. The following day, Kelly herself broke that record, throwing 22 pies at 'Wilmer Valderrama' (qv).
- Named #81 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Ranked as #85 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Good friend of her _"Hope & Faith" (2003)_ (qv) co-star 'Faith Ford' (qv).