Feb. 28th, 1944
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Kelly Bishop's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Made a strong film debut in mid-career as one of 'Jill Clayburgh' (qv)'s close friends in 'Paul Mazursky' (qv)'s well-received drama _An Unmarried Woman (1978)_ (qv).
- Was originally cast in a minor part in the film _Dirty Dancing (1987)_ (qv), but was then called upon to play a larger role when Lynn Lipton, the actress first cast as Baby's mother, became ill during the first week of shooting.
- At age 18 she made it to New York and landed her first job dancing in a year-round ballet company at Radio City Music Hall.
- Practices Pilates and aerobics and enjoys gardening and hiking.
- Her husband, 'Lee Leonard (I)' (qv), is host of 'Jersey Talkin' on Channel 12, New Jersey. He was also the host of "Midday Live" a long-running local talk show on New York's WNYW-TV. Leonard was also an anchor at ESPN.
- Trained in ballet, she attended the American Ballet Theatre and the San Jose Ballet schools.
- First worked with her "Chorus Line" director/choreographer 'Michael Bennett (XI)' (qv) while appearing on Broadway in "Promises, Promises" in 1968.
- Was the first of the original cast members to leave "A Chorus Line".