Feb. 28th, 1944
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Kelly Bishop's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Was the first of the original cast members to leave "A Chorus Line".
- Trained in ballet, she attended the American Ballet Theatre and the San Jose Ballet schools.
- Won Broadway's 1976 Tony as Best Supporting or Featured Actress (Musical) for her performance as Sheila in the original production of "A Chorus Line."
- At age 18 she made it to New York and landed her first job dancing in a year-round ballet company at Radio City Music Hall.
- Made her Broadway debut in the musical "Golden Rainbow" in 1967, but scored big as the sexy, streetwise Sheila in the Broadway production of "A Chorus Line" with her contribution in the song "At the Ballet". The performance earned her Tony and Drama Desk awards in 1976.
- Practices Pilates and aerobics and enjoys gardening and hiking.
- Made a strong film debut in mid-career as one of 'Jill Clayburgh' (qv)'s close friends in 'Paul Mazursky' (qv)'s well-received drama _An Unmarried Woman (1978)_ (qv).
- She is an animal enthusiast.