Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Ranked #20 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Voted The Sexiest Film Star of All Time by Empire magazine poll. [September 2004]
- Named #5 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Measurements: 32A-22-33 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Friend of 'Sienna Miller' (qv).
- Was originally cast as Mary Boleyn in _The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)_ (qv), but dropped out before filming began and 'Scarlett Johansson' (qv) was subsequently cast instead.
- Auditioned for, and was accepted to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) in London, England.
- At age 20, she was the third-youngest woman in Oscar history to be nominated for Best Actress.