Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Laggies
2014 - The Imitation Game
2014 - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
2012 - Anna Karenina
2012 - Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
2011 - A Dangerous Method
2010 - Never Let Me Go
2008 - The Edge of Love
2008 - The Duchess
2007 - Atonement
2007 - Silk
2005 - Domino
2005 - The Jacket
2004 - King Arthur
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2003 - Love Actually
2002 - Bend It Like Beckham
2002 - Thunderpants
2001 - The Hole
1999 - Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Her hero is her cast mate in _Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)_ (qv), 'Geoffrey Rush' (qv).
- At 16, she went to Esher College to study for her A Levels, but quit the course when offered the role of Lara in _Doctor Zhivago (2002) (TV)_ (qv).
- Named #5 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Friend of the Italian actor 'Andrea Logiudice' (qv).
- Voted second sexiest voice, behind Sir 'Sean Connery' (qv), in a poll by the UK's Royal National Institute for the Blind, commissioned to celebrate 70 years of their Talking Books service.
- Daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' (qv).
- Took elocution lessons at the beginning of her career.
- Has dyslexia. She had to wear special glasses in adolescence to help her read.