Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Loves to collect shoes.
- Tatler announced that Keira is the most desirable single woman in the UK (2004).
- Said auditioning for the role of Christine in _The Phantom of the Opera (2004)_ (qv) was the singularly most embarrassing moment of her life because "I knew I couldn't sing it." The role eventually went to trained opera singer 'Emmy Rossum' (qv). - Marie Claire 2005.
- Measurements: 32A-22-33 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Her first name means 'dark'.
- Made her debut on the Forbes 100 Most Powerful Celebrities in June, 2007. She came in a #71 beating out other high profile actresses like 'Scarlett Johansson' (qv) and 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv).
- Attended an engagement party for 'Jennifer Lopez (I)' (qv) and 'Chris Judd (I)' (qv).
- Named Most Beautiful Woman and Most Beautiful Face by Independent Critics (indiecritics.com).