Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Campaigned for the lead female role in _The Rum Diary (2010)_ (qv), but lost out to 'Amber Heard' (qv).
- Tatler announced that Keira is the most desirable single woman in the UK (2004).
- Her role as the decoy queen in _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv) was kept secret in order to not spoil the surprise, it was maintained through the promotions that Portman played both the Queen and the decoy.
- Named #11 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- She attended a pre-Emmy party where she purchased a $7,500 pair of earrings.
- Her 21st birthday party cost more than $30,000. Actors, designers, and other industry types attended.
- The green satin gown she wore in _Atonement (2007)_ (qv) was voted the public's favorite film costume of all time in a survey by Sky Movies and In Style magazine (January 2008).
- When auditioning for the role of Jackie Price in _The Jacket (2005)_ (qv), she had suffered food poisoning a few days earlier. She decided to audition anyway and the film makers liked her "acting" for the scene, as Jackie Price was to be a woman with many issues of loss and pain as well as being physically sick in general.