Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Named #53 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Trained in dancing.
- She has bought a flat in Richmond Upon Thames (2005) but has said to have only have spent a few weeks there. However, she plans to fill it with her own painted canvases.
- Glamour magazine's choice for "Most Glamorous Film Actress" (2004).
- Was considered for the role of Ann in _Evening (2007)_ (qv), but wasn't able to do it due to schedule conflicts.
- Said auditioning for the role of Christine in _The Phantom of the Opera (2004)_ (qv) was the singularly most embarrassing moment of her life because "I knew I couldn't sing it." The role eventually went to trained opera singer 'Emmy Rossum' (qv). - Marie Claire 2005.
- Was originally cast as Mary Boleyn in _The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)_ (qv), but dropped out before filming began and 'Scarlett Johansson' (qv) was subsequently cast instead.
- Named Most Beautiful Woman and Most Beautiful Face by Independent Critics (indiecritics.com).