Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- The face of Chanel's fragrance 'Mademoiselle' (September 2007).
- Loves to collect shoes.
- Auditioned for, and was accepted to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) in London, England.
- Voted The Sexiest Film Star of All Time by Empire magazine poll. [September 2004]
- Employed a stylist to dress her for premieres and award ceremonies. The stylist also dresses 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv) and 'Nicole Kidman' (qv).
- Said auditioning for the role of Christine in _The Phantom of the Opera (2004)_ (qv) was the singularly most embarrassing moment of her life because "I knew I couldn't sing it." The role eventually went to trained opera singer 'Emmy Rossum' (qv). - Marie Claire 2005.
- Younger sister of 'Caleb Knightley' (qv).
- Voted second sexiest voice, behind Sir 'Sean Connery' (qv), in a poll by the UK's Royal National Institute for the Blind, commissioned to celebrate 70 years of their Talking Books service.