Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Member of the Heathham House Youth Project.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $9 million.
- Voted #10 in FHM 100 Sexiest 2008.
- Named #5 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Voted #18 in FHM 100 Sexiest Women 2005.
- Her role as the decoy queen in _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv) was kept secret in order to not spoil the surprise, it was maintained through the promotions that Portman played both the Queen and the decoy.
- The similarity between Knightley and 'Natalie Portman' (qv) meant that during the filming of _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv), their own mothers could not tell them apart once in makeup.
- Tatler announced that Keira is the most desirable single woman in the UK (2004).