Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- She has a personal trainer. - Tatler 2005
- In January 2007, the Daily Mail newspaper published an article about a girl who had died from anorexia which falsely suggested that Keira was also anorexic and showed a photograph of her in a bikini alongside an emotive quote from the girl's mother "If pictures like this one of Keira carried a health warning, my darling daughter might have lived". Keira successfully sued the Mail for libel.
- Ranked #20 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- The similarity between Knightley and 'Natalie Portman' (qv) meant that during the filming of _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv), their own mothers could not tell them apart once in makeup.
- Named #9 on MAXIM magazines "Hot 100" list of 2006
- Named Most Beautiful Woman and Most Beautiful Face by Independent Critics (indiecritics.com).
- Mother is actress-turned-author 'Sharman Macdonald' (qv), who wrote 'When I Was A Girl I Used To Scream And Shout' and 'The Winter Guest'.
- Her 21st birthday party cost more than $30,000. Actors, designers, and other industry types attended.