Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $9 million.
- Measurements: 32A-22-33 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Named Most Beautiful Woman and Most Beautiful Face by Independent Critics (indiecritics.com).
- Her first name means 'dark'.
- She has bought a flat in Richmond Upon Thames (2005) but has said to have only have spent a few weeks there. However, she plans to fill it with her own painted canvases.
- Took elocution lessons at the beginning of her career.
- Glamour magazine's choice for "Most Glamorous Film Actress" (2004).
- Ranked #20 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.