Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Laggies
2014 - The Imitation Game
2014 - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
2012 - Anna Karenina
2012 - Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
2011 - A Dangerous Method
2010 - Never Let Me Go
2008 - The Edge of Love
2008 - The Duchess
2007 - Atonement
2007 - Silk
2005 - Domino
2005 - The Jacket
2004 - King Arthur
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2003 - Love Actually
2002 - Bend It Like Beckham
2002 - Thunderpants
2001 - The Hole
1999 - Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- The similarity between Knightley and 'Natalie Portman' (qv) meant that during the filming of _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv), their own mothers could not tell them apart once in makeup.
- Attended an engagement party for 'Jennifer Lopez (I)' (qv) and 'Chris Judd (I)' (qv).
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $9 million.
- Said auditioning for the role of Christine in _The Phantom of the Opera (2004)_ (qv) was the singularly most embarrassing moment of her life because "I knew I couldn't sing it." The role eventually went to trained opera singer 'Emmy Rossum' (qv). - Marie Claire 2005.
- The face of Chanel's fragrance 'Mademoiselle' (September 2007).
- Took elocution lessons at the beginning of her career.
- Credits her dark looks to her mother's Black Scottish heritage, who were descendants of the Spanish Armada.
- When auditioning for the role of Jackie Price in _The Jacket (2005)_ (qv), she had suffered food poisoning a few days earlier. She decided to audition anyway and the film makers liked her "acting" for the scene, as Jackie Price was to be a woman with many issues of loss and pain as well as being physically sick in general.