Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Was considered for the role of Kate Meer in 'Neil James (III)' (qv)'s "Ghost Seeker: Genesis" in 2006. Both Lindy King (Knightley's agent) and Knightley herself liked the script, but the shooting schedule of _Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)_ (qv) meant that the project had to move on without her.
- Was considered for the role of Ann in _Evening (2007)_ (qv), but wasn't able to do it due to schedule conflicts.
- Loves to collect shoes.
- Ranked #20 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- She did her first topless scene at the age of 15, in _The Hole (2001)_ (qv), whilst the film was released in 2001 it was filmed in 2000. For legal reasons due to her age her mother had to agree and the set was closed.
- Was ranked #10 on Forbes List of The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars.(2007).
- Member of the Heathham House Youth Project.
- Auditioned for, and was accepted to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) in London, England.