Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - A Dangerous Method
2010 - Never Let Me Go
2008 - The Edge of Love
2008 - The Duchess
2007 - Atonement
2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
2006 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
2005 - Domino
2005 - The Jacket
2005 - Pride & Prejudice
2004 - King Arthur
2003 - Love Actually
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2002 - Bend It Like Beckham
2002 - Thunderpants
2001 - The Hole
1999 - Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Guest TV Roles
The daughter of actor Will Knightley and playwright Sharman Macdonald. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays. Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995) (TV). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Loves to collect shoes.
- Was considered for the role of Kate Meer in 'Neil James (III)' (qv)'s "Ghost Seeker: Genesis" in 2006. Both Lindy King (Knightley's agent) and Knightley herself liked the script, but the shooting schedule of _Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)_ (qv) meant that the project had to move on without her.
- The green satin gown she wore in _Atonement (2007)_ (qv) was voted the public's favorite film costume of all time in a survey by Sky Movies and In Style magazine (January 2008).
- Named #53 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Supports West Ham United.
- Tatler announced that Keira is the most desirable single woman in the UK (2004).
- She has a personal trainer. - Tatler 2005
- Named #9 on MAXIM magazines "Hot 100" list of 2006