Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Laggies
2014 - The Imitation Game
2014 - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
2011 - A Dangerous Method
2010 - Never Let Me Go
2008 - The Edge of Love
2008 - The Duchess
2007 - Atonement
2007 - Silk
2005 - Domino
2005 - The Jacket
2004 - King Arthur
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2003 - Love Actually
2002 - Bend It Like Beckham
2002 - Thunderpants
2001 - The Hole
1999 - Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Attended an engagement party for 'Jennifer Lopez (I)' (qv) and 'Chris Judd (I)' (qv).
- Has dyslexia. She had to wear special glasses in adolescence to help her read.
- Voted #15 in the AfterEllen Hot 100, a list of the hottest women in entertainment as voted by lesbian and bisexual women (June 2007).
- Measurements: 32A-22-33 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- Named #11 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Named #53 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Voted The Sexiest Film Star of All Time by Empire magazine poll. [September 2004]
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.