Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Begin Again
2011 - A Dangerous Method
2010 - Never Let Me Go
2008 - The Duchess
2008 - The Edge of Love
2007 - Atonement
2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
2006 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
2005 - The Jacket
2005 - Domino
2005 - Pride & Prejudice
2004 - King Arthur
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2003 - Love Actually
2002 - Thunderpants
2002 - Bend It Like Beckham
2001 - The Hole
1999 - Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Guest TV Roles
The daughter of actor 'Will Knightley' and playwright 'Sharman Macdonald'. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays.
Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $9 million.
- Has dyslexia. She had to wear special glasses in adolescence to help her read.
- Made her debut on the Forbes 100 Most Powerful Celebrities in June, 2007. She came in a #71 beating out other high profile actresses like 'Scarlett Johansson' (qv) and 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv).
- Campaigned for the lead female role in _The Rum Diary (2010)_ (qv), but lost out to 'Amber Heard' (qv).
- The face of Chanel's fragrance 'Mademoiselle' (September 2007).
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.
- Was ranked #5 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list. (2008).
- Voted #1 in New Woman magazine's 50 Most Beautiful Celebs 2004.