Mar. 26th, 1985
Teddington, Middlesex, England, UK
Keira Knightley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - A Dangerous Method
2010 - Never Let Me Go
2008 - The Edge of Love
2008 - The Duchess
2007 - Atonement
2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
2006 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
2005 - Domino
2005 - The Jacket
2005 - Pride & Prejudice
2004 - King Arthur
2003 - Love Actually
2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2002 - Bend It Like Beckham
2002 - Thunderpants
2001 - The Hole
1999 - Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Guest TV Roles
The daughter of actor Will Knightley and playwright Sharman Macdonald. After she requested an agent at the age of three, her parents allowed her to work on productions in her summer holidays. Her first role was at the age of 9, in Moira Armstrong's A Village Affair (1995) (TV). However, Knightley's first high profile role came in 1999, as Sabe, Decoy Queen to Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Since then she has completed an impressive array of films including The Hole (2001), but is probably best known for her role of tomboy footballer Jules Paxton in Gurinder Chadha's Bend It Like Beckham (2002).
- Was considered for the role of Ann in _Evening (2007)_ (qv), but wasn't able to do it due to schedule conflicts.
- Credits her dark looks to her mother's Black Scottish heritage, who were descendants of the Spanish Armada.
- As of February 2006, says she plans on remaining living in London and will not move to Los Angeles to further her career in American films.
- Took elocution lessons at the beginning of her career.
- At age 20, she was the third-youngest woman in Oscar history to be nominated for Best Actress.
- Named #9 on MAXIM magazines "Hot 100" list of 2006
- Voted #1 in New Woman magazine's 50 Most Beautiful Celebs 2004.
- Employed a stylist to dress her for premieres and award ceremonies. The stylist also dresses 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv) and 'Nicole Kidman' (qv).