Mar. 4th, 1953
Los Angeles, California, USA
Kay Lenz's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Secret Lives of Dorks
1989 - Physical Evidence
1987 - Stripped to Kill
1986 - House
1982 - Fast-Walking
1975 - White Line Fever
1973 - Breezy
1973 - American Graffiti
Guest TV Roles
Monique Bennett (as Karen Woncemore)
Kay came from an L.A. showbiz family. Her father was producer/commentator Ted Lenz and her mother model/radio engineer Kay Miller Lenz. At the ripe old age of eight weeks, Kay appeared on her first TV show produced by her dad as a baby being held up and sung to. She continued on in her father's TV shows and commercials throughout her childhood. In the 60s, she appeared as a teen on stage (Pasadena Playhouse) and in guest parts on "The Monroes" (1966), "The Andy Griffith Show" (1960) and "Ironside" (1967). Kay flirted with 70s film stardom after being cast by director Clint Eastwood in the film Breezy (1973) opposite William Holden (I) as a plucky, troubled hippie/free spirit who has an affair with a much older businessman. Kay was singled out for her affecting performance but the film was ignored. She ventured on but none of her subsequent feisty roles in White Line Fever (1975), The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday (1976), Mean Dog Blues (1978) and House (1986) put her over the top. She gained quite a bit of exposure, however, after her wedding to former teen idol David Cassidy (I) in 1977. The marriage lasted six years. TV remained Kay's medium of choice and she has garnered two Emmy awards in the process.
- Measurements: 33C-21-34 (in 1987), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Made her legitimate stage acting debut at age 13 in a production of "Dark of the Moon" at the Pasadena Playhouse.
- Turned down the role that eventually went to 'Tuesday Weld' (qv) in _Once Upon a Time in America (1984)_ (qv).
- Ex-daughter-in-law of 'Evelyn Ward (I)' (qv) and 'Jack Cassidy (I)' (qv).
- A former teen rider on the rodeo circuit.
- Godmother of 'Carlyle Taylor (II)' (qv).
- Only legal witness at the wedding of 'Anne Lockhart (I)' (qv) and 'Adam C. Taylor' (qv) in 1986.
Related sites for this celeb