Sep. 16th, 1984
Kutaisi, Georgia, USSR
Katie Melua's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Grindhouse
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Musical Guest
- A fan of the music of 'Kate Bush' (qv).
- She performed a duet with 'Jamie Cullum' (qv) at this years Brit Awards which took place on the 17th February 2004.
- A tulip is named after her.
- She can speak three languages, Georgian, Russian and English.
- Was spotted by her now-manager 'Mike Batt' (qv) while she was studying music at the BRIT Performing Arts & Technology School in Croydon, Surrey, England. A classmate was 'Amy Winehouse' (qv).
- Her favorite songs are "Jammin'" by 'Bob Marley (I)' (qv), "Porcelain" by 'Moby (I)' (qv), "Suddenly I See" by 'K.T. Tunstall' (qv), "Jesus To A Child" by 'George Michael (II)' (qv), "Life On Mars" by 'David Bowie (I)' (qv), "I Want To Break Free" by 'Queen (I)' (qv), "Where Do The Children Play" by 'Cat Stevens' (qv), "Under The Bridge" by 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv) and "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" by 'Ella Fitzgerald' (qv). (Source: BBC Radio 2 "Tracks of My Years").
- After spending her childhood in Batumi, Georgia, she moved to Belfast, Northern Ireland with her family at the age of 9.
- Her first album "Call off the Search" reached #1 in the UK charts in November 2003, her second "Piece by Piece" topped the charts in the UK, Poland and the Netherlands in 2005.