Sep. 16th, 1984
Kutaisi, Georgia, USSR
Katie Melua's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- A fan of the music of 'Kate Bush' (qv).
- Attended St. Mary's Convent in Portstewart, Northern Ireland.
- A tulip is named after her.
- Her favorite songs are "Jammin'" by 'Bob Marley (I)' (qv), "Porcelain" by 'Moby (I)' (qv), "Suddenly I See" by 'K.T. Tunstall' (qv), "Jesus To A Child" by 'George Michael (II)' (qv), "Life On Mars" by 'David Bowie (I)' (qv), "I Want To Break Free" by 'Queen (I)' (qv), "Where Do The Children Play" by 'Cat Stevens' (qv), "Under The Bridge" by 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv) and "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" by 'Ella Fitzgerald' (qv). (Source: BBC Radio 2 "Tracks of My Years").
- Her father is a Doctor and her mother is a nurse.
- Was spotted by her now-manager 'Mike Batt' (qv) while she was studying music at the BRIT Performing Arts & Technology School in Croydon, Surrey, England. A classmate was 'Amy Winehouse' (qv).
- Her first album "Call off the Search" reached #1 in the UK charts in November 2003, her second "Piece by Piece" topped the charts in the UK, Poland and the Netherlands in 2005.
- She performed a duet with 'Jamie Cullum' (qv) at this years Brit Awards which took place on the 17th February 2004.