Sep. 16th, 1984
Kutaisi, Georgia, USSR
Katie Melua's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Grindhouse
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- A fan of the music of 'Kate Bush' (qv).
- Attended St. Mary's Convent in Portstewart, Northern Ireland.
- Her father is a Doctor and her mother is a nurse.
- Her first album "Call off the Search" reached #1 in the UK charts in November 2003, her second "Piece by Piece" topped the charts in the UK, Poland and the Netherlands in 2005.
- A tulip is named after her.
- After spending her childhood in Batumi, Georgia, she moved to Belfast, Northern Ireland with her family at the age of 9.
- She can speak three languages, Georgian, Russian and English.
- Her favorite songs are "Jammin'" by 'Bob Marley (I)' (qv), "Porcelain" by 'Moby (I)' (qv), "Suddenly I See" by 'K.T. Tunstall' (qv), "Jesus To A Child" by 'George Michael (II)' (qv), "Life On Mars" by 'David Bowie (I)' (qv), "I Want To Break Free" by 'Queen (I)' (qv), "Where Do The Children Play" by 'Cat Stevens' (qv), "Under The Bridge" by 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' (qv) and "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" by 'Ella Fitzgerald' (qv). (Source: BBC Radio 2 "Tracks of My Years").