Jan. 7th, 1957
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric is an American journalist and author. She currently serves as Yahoo Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States.
- Her older sister, Senator 'Emily Couric' (qv) (Virginia), was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in July 2000. She died on October 18, 2001.
- Graduated from the University of Virginia in 1979.
- CNN president, Reese Schoenfeld, banned Couric from the air after hearing her high-pitched, squeaky voice.
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.
- Graduated from Yorktown High School in Arlington, Virginia in 1975.
- Daughters: Ellie (b. 1991), Caroline (b. 1995)
- Read poetry aloud at the bedside of her friend, Jenifer Estess as Jenifer battled with A.L.S. (Lou Gehrig's disease). Jenifer died of the disease on December 16, 2003.
- After 15 years of co-hosting NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv), she announced that she will be leaving NBC to accept a position at CBS. She will become the first solo woman anchor of a nightly news program in September 2006 when she starts her new job at CBS.