Jan. 7th, 1957
Arlington, Virginia, USA
5' 2 1/2
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - I Am Legend
2004 - Shark Tale
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Correspondent (segment "Agassi")
Herself - Host
- After 15 years of co-hosting NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv), she announced that she will be leaving NBC to accept a position at CBS. She will become the first solo woman anchor of a nightly news program in September 2006 when she starts her new job at CBS.
- She drew high ratings when 8.4 million people tuned in to watch her farewell episode on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv).
- Graduated from the University of Virginia in 1979.
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.
- CNN president, Reese Schoenfeld, banned Couric from the air after hearing her high-pitched, squeaky voice.
- Daughter of John Martin Couric, Jr. and wife Elinor Tullie.
- Seventh cousin of 'Lance Armstrong (I)' (qv), 'Hilary Duff' (qv) and 'Haylie Duff' (qv).
- Read poetry aloud at the bedside of her friend, Jenifer Estess as Jenifer battled with A.L.S. (Lou Gehrig's disease). Jenifer died of the disease on December 16, 2003.