Jan. 7th, 1957
Arlington, Virginia, USA
5' 2 1/2"
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - I Am Legend
2004 - Shark Tale
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Correspondent (segment "Agassi")
Herself - Host
[no bio found]
- Graduated from the University of Virginia in 1979.
- Read poetry aloud at the bedside of her friend, Jenifer Estess as Jenifer battled with A.L.S. (Lou Gehrig's disease). Jenifer died of the disease on December 16, 2003.
- Named one of People Magazine's '25 Most Intriguing People of 2001'.
- Daughters: Ellie (b. 1991), Caroline (b. 1995)
- Her older sister, Senator 'Emily Couric' (qv) (Virginia), was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in July 2000. She died on October 18, 2001.
- Seventh cousin of 'Lance Armstrong (I)' (qv), 'Hilary Duff' (qv) and 'Haylie Duff' (qv).
- CNN president, Reese Schoenfeld, banned Couric from the air after hearing her high-pitched, squeaky voice.
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.