Jan. 7th, 1957
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric is an American journalist and author. She currently serves as Yahoo Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States.
- Named one of People Magazine's '25 Most Intriguing People of 2001'.
- Daughter of John Martin Couric, Jr. and wife Elinor Tullie.
- She drew high ratings when 8.4 million people tuned in to watch her farewell episode on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv).
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.
- In May 2003, 'Jay Leno' (qv) hosted NBC's morning talk show _"Today" (1952)_ . In a May sweeps promotion, _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) host Katie Couric, in turn, hosted _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv).
- Graduated from the University of Virginia in 1979.
- Graduated from Yorktown High School in Arlington, Virginia in 1975.
- Member of Delta Delta Delta sorority.