Jan. 7th, 1957
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric is an American journalist and author. She currently serves as Yahoo Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States.
- High school cheerleader.
- In May 2003, 'Jay Leno' (qv) hosted NBC's morning talk show _"Today" (1952)_ . In a May sweeps promotion, _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) host Katie Couric, in turn, hosted _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv).
- Member of Delta Delta Delta sorority.
- After 15 years of co-hosting NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv), she announced that she will be leaving NBC to accept a position at CBS. She will become the first solo woman anchor of a nightly news program in September 2006 when she starts her new job at CBS.
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.
- Her older sister, Senator 'Emily Couric' (qv) (Virginia), was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in July 2000. She died on October 18, 2001.
- In June 2006 she bought a $6.3 million Posh Hamptons Pad. She also owns a $3.2 million Manhattan apartment and a weekend getaway in upstate Lithgow, New York.
- Daughter of John Martin Couric, Jr. and wife Elinor Tullie.