Jan. 7th, 1957
Arlington, Virginia, USA
5' 2 1/2
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - I Am Legend
2004 - Shark Tale
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Correspondent (segment "Agassi")
Herself - Host
- Member of Delta Delta Delta sorority.
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.
- Named one of People Magazine's '25 Most Intriguing People of 2001'.
- Read poetry aloud at the bedside of her friend, Jenifer Estess as Jenifer battled with A.L.S. (Lou Gehrig's disease). Jenifer died of the disease on December 16, 2003.
- CNN president, Reese Schoenfeld, banned Couric from the air after hearing her high-pitched, squeaky voice.
- In June 2006 she bought a $6.3 million Posh Hamptons Pad. She also owns a $3.2 million Manhattan apartment and a weekend getaway in upstate Lithgow, New York.
- Daughter of John Martin Couric, Jr. and wife Elinor Tullie.
- In May 2003, 'Jay Leno' (qv) hosted NBC's morning talk show _"Today" (1952)_ . In a May sweeps promotion, _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) host Katie Couric, in turn, hosted _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv).