Jan. 7th, 1957
Arlington, Virginia, USA
5' 2 1/2
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - I Am Legend
2004 - Shark Tale
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Correspondent (segment "Agassi")
Herself - Host
- Her older sister, Senator 'Emily Couric' (qv) (Virginia), was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in July 2000. She died on October 18, 2001.
- Named one of People Magazine's '25 Most Intriguing People of 2001'.
- Read poetry aloud at the bedside of her friend, Jenifer Estess as Jenifer battled with A.L.S. (Lou Gehrig's disease). Jenifer died of the disease on December 16, 2003.
- In May 2003, 'Jay Leno' (qv) hosted NBC's morning talk show _"Today" (1952)_ . In a May sweeps promotion, _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) host Katie Couric, in turn, hosted _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv).
- After 15 years of co-hosting NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv), she announced that she will be leaving NBC to accept a position at CBS. She will become the first solo woman anchor of a nightly news program in September 2006 when she starts her new job at CBS.
- High school cheerleader.
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.
- In June 2006 she bought a $6.3 million Posh Hamptons Pad. She also owns a $3.2 million Manhattan apartment and a weekend getaway in upstate Lithgow, New York.