Jan. 7th, 1957
Katie Couric's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2016 - Zoolander 2
2014 - Dinosaur 13
2014 - Fed Up
2013 - We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks
2007 - I Am Legend
2006 - ...So Goes the Nation
2004 - Fahrenheit 9/11
2004 - Shark Tale
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Correspondent (segment "Agassi")
Herself - Hosting Hopeful
Herself - Host
Katherine Anne "Katie" Couric is an American journalist and author. She currently serves as Yahoo Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States.
- In May 2003, 'Jay Leno' (qv) hosted NBC's morning talk show _"Today" (1952)_ . In a May sweeps promotion, _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) host Katie Couric, in turn, hosted _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv).
- After 15 years of co-hosting NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv), she announced that she will be leaving NBC to accept a position at CBS. She will become the first solo woman anchor of a nightly news program in September 2006 when she starts her new job at CBS.
- She drew high ratings when 8.4 million people tuned in to watch her farewell episode on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv).
- High school cheerleader.
- Graduated from the University of Virginia in 1979.
- CNN president, Reese Schoenfeld, banned Couric from the air after hearing her high-pitched, squeaky voice.
- Seventh cousin of 'Lance Armstrong (I)' (qv), 'Hilary Duff' (qv) and 'Haylie Duff' (qv).
- After her late husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998, Katie was continually raising awareness of colon cancer and did a live colonoscopy on NBC's _"Today" (1952)_ (qv) in 2000.