Nov. 4th, 1960
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Kathy Griffin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kathy Griffin, a native of near-west Chicago suburbs, is the youngest of five children. She has three older brothers and an older sister. When her parents retired to California, Kathy moved west with them after graduating from Oak Park River Forest High School and began trying to break into show business. She performed with the Groundlings and then paid her dues doing stand-up at various clubs until she was discovered. According to her brothers, as a kid, Kathy would circulate among the guests at parties and tell jokes. Kathy has a regular stand-up engagement at the Laugh Factory in L.A. and hosted the reality series "Average Joe" (2003). She stars in the Emmy winning reality series "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" (2005).
- May 2005 - Having a second surgery for an epithelial ingrowth in her right eye, a rare condition that threatens her eyesight.
- _"Suddenly Susan" (1996)_ (qv) costar 'Brooke Shields' (qv) was Kathy's Maid of Honor at her wedding, which was held atop Hollywood's 360-Degrees Restaurant.
- Considered as a possible replacement co-host on _"The View" (1997)_ (qv).
- Her parents are 'John Griffin (I)' (qv) and 'Maggie Griffin (II)' (qv).
- 23 September 2000 - Became engaged to computer technician 'Matt Moline' (qv) in Punta Mita, Mexico. They were married February 18, 2001.
- Is close friends with actor 'Jonathan Bennett (I)' (qv).
- She does not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Attended Triton Junior College in River Grove, Illinois, for one semester.