Nov. 4th, 1960
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Kathy Griffin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Shrek Forever After
2010 - I Am Comic
2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
2007 - Heckler
2005 - Her Minor Thing
2005 - Love Wrecked
1999 - Muppets from Space
1997 - Trojan War
1996 - The Cable Guy
1995 - Four Rooms
1994 - It's Pat
1994 - Pulp Fiction
1984 - Streets of Fire
1980 - Battle Beyond the Stars
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Comedian
Herself - Panelist
Kathy Griffin, a native of near-west Chicago suburbs, is the youngest of five children. She has three older brothers and an older sister. When her parents retired to California, Kathy moved west with them after graduating from Oak Park River Forest High School and began trying to break into show business. She performed with the Groundlings and then paid her dues doing stand-up at various clubs until she was discovered. According to her brothers, as a kid, Kathy would circulate among the guests at parties and tell jokes. Kathy has a regular stand-up engagement at the Laugh Factory in L.A. and hosted the reality series "Average Joe" (2003). She stars in the Emmy winning reality series "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" (2005).
- As of 2009, a member of the Television Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Her parents are 'John Griffin (I)' (qv) and 'Maggie Griffin (II)' (qv).
- May 2005 - Having a second surgery for an epithelial ingrowth in her right eye, a rare condition that threatens her eyesight.
- Is close friends with actor 'Jonathan Bennett (I)' (qv).
- 23 September 2000 - Became engaged to computer technician 'Matt Moline' (qv) in Punta Mita, Mexico. They were married February 18, 2001.
- Considered as a possible replacement co-host on _"The View" (1997)_ (qv).
- She does not drink alcoholic beverages.
- _"Suddenly Susan" (1996)_ (qv) costar 'Brooke Shields' (qv) was Kathy's Maid of Honor at her wedding, which was held atop Hollywood's 360-Degrees Restaurant.