Mar. 25th, 1984
Los Angeles, California, USA
Katharine McPhee's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The House Bunny
Guest TV Roles
Mother Maggie (Voiced)
Katharine Hope McPhee (born March 25, 1984) is an American pop singer, songwriter and actress. She gained fame as a contestant on the fifth season of the Fox reality show American Idol in 2006, eventually finishing as the runner-up. In 2012, McPhee is one of the lead actresses on Smash.
Her self-titled debut album was released on RCA Records on January 30, 2007 and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200; it has sold 381,000 copies to date. The album's first single, "Over It", was a Pop Top 30 hit and was certified gold in 2008.
Her second album, Unbroken, was released on Verve Forecast Records on January 5, 2010 and debuted at number 27 on the Billboard 200. The album featured the single "Had It All", which peaked at number 22 on the Billboard AC chart. It has sold 45,000 copies to date. Her third album, the holiday-themed Christmas Is the Time to Say I Love You, was released on October 12, 2010.
- Attended high school with 'Rachel Bilson' (qv).
- Lives in California.
- Her hit single is "My Destiny", to be released on June 20, 2006.
- In the opening dates of "The American Idol Tour 2006", she suffered bronchitis, laryngitis, and broke her foot before an August 1 concert date.
- Ranked #47 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Engaged to 'Nick Cokas' (qv) [September 28, 2007].
- She released her own version of "Over The Rainbow" along with her hit single, "My Destiny".
- She came in second place on May 24, 2006, next to _"American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002)_ (qv) season 5 winner 'Taylor Hicks' (qv).