Mar. 25th, 1984
Los Angeles, California, USA
Katharine McPhee's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Katharine Hope McPhee (born March 25, 1984) is an American pop singer, songwriter and actress. She gained fame as a contestant on the fifth season of the Fox reality show American Idol in 2006, eventually finishing as the runner-up. In 2012, McPhee is one of the lead actresses on Smash.
Her self-titled debut album was released on RCA Records on January 30, 2007 and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200; it has sold 381,000 copies to date. The album's first single, "Over It", was a Pop Top 30 hit and was certified gold in 2008.
Her second album, Unbroken, was released on Verve Forecast Records on January 5, 2010 and debuted at number 27 on the Billboard 200. The album featured the single "Had It All", which peaked at number 22 on the Billboard AC chart. It has sold 45,000 copies to date. Her third album, the holiday-themed Christmas Is the Time to Say I Love You, was released on October 12, 2010.
- Has a Chihuahua named Nina.
- Lives in California.
- Engaged to 'Nick Cokas' (qv) [September 28, 2007].
- She released her own version of "Over The Rainbow" along with her hit single, "My Destiny".
- Her older sister's name is Adrianna.
- Her fans are known as "The Kat Pack" and "McPhans".
- She sang "Since I Fell for You", "All in Love is Fair", and "Think to advance to the top 12 of American Idol.
- Her hit single is "My Destiny", to be released on June 20, 2006.