Mar. 25th, 1984
Los Angeles, California, USA
Katharine McPhee's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - You May Not Kiss the Bride
2011 - Shark Night 3D
2008 - The House Bunny
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Katharine Hope McPhee (born March 25, 1984) is an American pop singer, songwriter and actress. She gained fame as a contestant on the fifth season of the Fox reality show American Idol in 2006, eventually finishing as the runner-up. In 2012, McPhee is one of the lead actresses on Smash.
Her self-titled debut album was released on RCA Records on January 30, 2007 and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200; it has sold 381,000 copies to date. The album's first single, "Over It", was a Pop Top 30 hit and was certified gold in 2008.
Her second album, Unbroken, was released on Verve Forecast Records on January 5, 2010 and debuted at number 27 on the Billboard 200. The album featured the single "Had It All", which peaked at number 22 on the Billboard AC chart. It has sold 45,000 copies to date. Her third album, the holiday-themed Christmas Is the Time to Say I Love You, was released on October 12, 2010.
- Married 'Nick Cokas' (qv) in Beverly Hills, McPhee's representative, Justin Grey Stone, told People Magazine. Former "American Idol" contestants 'Kellie Pickler' (qv) and 'Mandisa Hundley' (qv) were among the 305 wedding guests. (2 February 2008).
- Daughter of singer and vocal coach 'Peisha Arten' (qv) and 'Daniel McPhee' (qv).
- She performs the song "Think", originally sung by 'Aretha Franklin' (qv), on the "American Idol" top 12 CD.
- Roommates with fellow idol contestant 'Kellie Pickler' (qv).
- She sang "Since I Fell for You", "All in Love is Fair", and "Think to advance to the top 12 of American Idol.
- Attended Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks and the Boston Conservatory of Music.
- Has a Chihuahua named Nina.
- Attended high school with 'Rachel Bilson' (qv).