Oct. 13th, 1967
San Jose, California, USA
Kate Walsh's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Legion
2005 - Bewitched
2005 - Kicking & Screaming
2004 - After the Sunset
2003 - Under the Tuscan Sun
2000 - The Family Man
1996 - Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Part 2
Guest TV Roles
Sgt. Marley Novak
Lt. Kirstin Blair
Katt Savage (Voiced)
Kate Walsh (born October 13, 1967) in San Jose, California. She grew up partly in San Jose and partly in Tucson, Arizona, later attending the University of Arizona, where she got involved in regional theater. She later moved to Chicago where she began working with the Piven Theatre Workshop and, later, the Chicago Shakespeare Repertory. She performed on National Public Radio in the production of the radio play "Born Guilty". Walsh later moved to New York City and joined the comedy troupe "Burn Manhattan", performing in a number of Off-Broadway plays.
Her first major television appearance came on The Drew Carey Show (1995) where she portrayed Niki Fifer, Drew's girlfriend and a woman struggling with her weight. She went on to portray Carol Nelson in HBO's The Mind of the Married Man (2001) television series, and played Norm MacDonald's romantic interest in the sitcom The Norm Show (1999). She continued to appear on television programs in supporting or bit parts.
- Wore glasses as a child.
- Her mother is Italian and her father is Irish.
- Often compared to 'Catherine Deneuve' (qv), an icon of French cinema. So much so that it was written into an episode of _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv) where a patient's husband becomes fascinated with Walsh's character because of the resemblance.
- Married to 'Alex Young (II)' (qv), a production co-president at 20th Century Fox [September 1, 2007].
- Grew up in San Jose, California and Tucson, Arizona.
- Portrayed the girlfriend of her future _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv) cast mate, 'Sandra Oh' (qv), in _Under the Tuscan Sun (2003)_ (qv). Coincidentally, her character in the film was also a doctor.
- Has two dogs and two cats. Her dogs are named 'Lou Diamond Phillips' (qv) and 'Rosie Perez' (qv) after the actor and actress of the same name.
- Attended University of Arizona