Oct. 13th, 1967
San Jose, California, USA
Kate Walsh's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Legion
2005 - Bewitched
2005 - Kicking & Screaming
2004 - After the Sunset
2003 - Under the Tuscan Sun
2000 - The Family Man
1996 - Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Part 2
Guest TV Roles
Sgt. Marley Novak
Lt. Kirstin Blair
Katt Savage (Voiced)
Kate Walsh was born in San Jose, California, on October 13, 1967. She grew up partly in San Jose and partly in Tucson, Arizona, later attending the University of Arizona, where she got involved in regional theater. She later moved to Chicago where she began working with the Piven Theatre Workshop and, later, the Chicago Shakespeare Repertory. She performed on National Public Radio in the production of the radio play "Born Guilty". Walsh later moved to New York City and joined the comedy troupe "Burn Manhattan", performing in a number of Off-Broadway plays.
Her first major television appearance came on "The Drew Carey Show" (1995) where she portrayed Niki Fifer, Drew's girlfriend and a woman struggling with her weight. She went on to portray Carol Nelson in HBO's "The Mind of the Married Man" (2001) television series, and played Norm MacDonald (I)'s romantic interest in the sitcom "The Norm Show" (1999). She continued to appear on television programs in supporting or bit parts.
- Has two dogs and two cats. Her dogs are named 'Lou Diamond Phillips' (qv) and 'Rosie Perez' (qv) after the actor and actress of the same name.
- Wore a fat suit in her role as Nicki Fifer on _"The Drew Carey Show" (1995)_ (qv).
- Her mother is Italian and her father is Irish.
- The film, _The Sweetest Thing (2002)_ (qv), was written by Kate's best friend, 'Nancy Pimental (I)' (qv). The film's female characters were based on Nancy and Kate. Also, Kate can be seen on the DVD's special features.
- Wore glasses as a child.
- Portrayed the girlfriend of her future _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv) cast mate, 'Sandra Oh' (qv), in _Under the Tuscan Sun (2003)_ (qv). Coincidentally, her character in the film was also a doctor.
- Grew up in San Jose, California and Tucson, Arizona.
- Married to 'Alex Young (II)' (qv), a production co-president at 20th Century Fox [September 1, 2007].