Oct. 13th, 1967
San Jose, California, USA
Kate Walsh's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Any Day
2014 - Just Before I Go
2012 - The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2010 - Legion
2009 - One Way to Valhalla
2007 - 1408
2007 - Veritas, Prince of Truth
2005 - Kicking & Screaming
2005 - Bewitched
2004 - After the Sunset
2003 - Under the Tuscan Sun
2000 - The Family Man
Guest TV Roles
Sgt. Marley Novak
Lt. Kirstin Blair
Katt Savage (Voiced)
Kate Walsh (born October 13, 1967) in San Jose, California. She grew up partly in San Jose and partly in Tucson, Arizona, later attending the University of Arizona, where she got involved in regional theater. She later moved to Chicago where she began working with the Piven Theatre Workshop and, later, the Chicago Shakespeare Repertory. She performed on National Public Radio in the production of the radio play "Born Guilty". Walsh later moved to New York City and joined the comedy troupe "Burn Manhattan", performing in a number of Off-Broadway plays.
Her first major television appearance came on The Drew Carey Show (1995) where she portrayed Niki Fifer, Drew's girlfriend and a woman struggling with her weight. She went on to portray Carol Nelson in HBO's The Mind of the Married Man (2001) television series, and played Norm MacDonald's romantic interest in the sitcom The Norm Show (1999). She continued to appear on television programs in supporting or bit parts.
- Wore a fat suit in her role as Nicki Fifer on _"The Drew Carey Show" (1995)_ (qv).
- Was a runway model in Japan during the early 1980s. The Japanese were fascinated by her size and height (5' 10").
- Grew up in San Jose, California and Tucson, Arizona.
- Her mother is Italian and her father is Irish.
- The film, _The Sweetest Thing (2002)_ (qv), was written by Kate's best friend, 'Nancy Pimental (I)' (qv). The film's female characters were based on Nancy and Kate. Also, Kate can be seen on the DVD's special features.
- Often compared to 'Catherine Deneuve' (qv), an icon of French cinema. So much so that it was written into an episode of _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv) where a patient's husband becomes fascinated with Walsh's character because of the resemblance.
- First leading role was with co-star 'Wes Bentley' (qv) in the New York Indy production of _Three Below Zero (1998)_ (qv), which won the Max Ophüls award 1999 fort best picture in Germany.
- Wore glasses as a child.