Jan. 2nd, 1983
Los Angeles, California, USA
Kate Bosworth's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Unlike the characters Kate Bosworth has portrayed in television and in film which are known as "townies", Kate spent most of her childhood in different cities and states. At age 6, she and her parents moved to San Francisco, then to Connecticut at 9, and to Cohasset, Massachusetts, at 14. It was at 14 that Kate, a champion equestrian, learned of a casting call for a movie about horses.
Although Kate attended the open audition in New York for the 'Robert Redford' film "The Horse Whisperer" (1998) simply in hopes of getting the experience of what it was like to audition for a movie role, she won the role of the female lead's best friend and the chance to work with director/star 'Robert Redford'. Her previous acting experience had consisted of singing at county fairs in California and acting in a community theatre production of "Annie". However, since landing the movie role, Kate seemed to be in more sound stages than ranches. Fearful that an early career would rob her of her childhood, she took 18 months off to live a normal life before opting to plunge into acting again.
In 2000, she landed the role of the bratty sister in the feature film "The Newcomers" (2000) and the part of a football co-captain's girlfriend in the 'Denzel Washington' movie "Remember the Titans" (2000).
Throughout high school, Kate maintained academic excellence and was an honour roll student and a member of National Honour Society. In her spare time, she has volunteered with various non-profit organisations, including a Los Angeles program for physically challenged children who learn to ride horses with assistance.
- Is a champion equestrian.
- Rated #8 in Maxim's Hot 100 of 2006.
- Shares a birthday with 'Brandon DeShazer' (qv), 'Cuba Gooding Jr.' (qv), 'Taye Diggs' (qv) and 'Dax Shepard' (qv).
- Named #69 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- An only child.
- Named #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Was the first choice for the role of "Gail" in _Sin City (2005)_ (qv).
- Has been dating musician James Rousseau since September, 2006.