Mar. 25th, 1970
Spalding, Saskatchewan, Canada
Kari Matchett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Civic Duty
2002 - Cube 2 : Hypercube
2002 - Cypher
2002 - Men with Brooms
2001 - Angel Eyes
Guest TV Roles
Det. Elaine Bender
Lt. Siobhan Beckett
Dr. Skye Wexler
Dr. Helena Sable
Matchett previously had recurring roles on TNT's "Leverage" alongside Timothy Hutton and the series "Crash" for Starz Network from Lionsgate Television, the latter of which was based on the Academy Award-winning movie of the same name. She portrayed Jules, the CEO of a music company and daughter to Dennis Hopper's character. After breaking onto the scene in ABC's "Invasion" opposite William Fichtner, Matchett went on to star in season six of "24" with Keifer Sutherland and Powers Boothe. She then recurred on NBC's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" with Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford followed by a starring role opposite Treat Williams in the TNT original series, "Heartland." Matchett is also well-known to audiences for her recurring role as Dr. Skye Wexler on John Wells' long-running drama series, "ER." On the big screen Matchett will next be seen in "Tree of Life." Directed by Terrence Malick, she co-stars opposite Brad Pitt and Sean Penn.
Other television credits include "Criminal Minds" for CBS, "The Cleaner" opposite Benjamin Bratt for A&E, "Ugly Betty" for ABC, "The Philanthropist" on NBC, and "Shark" starring James Woods for CBS. She was also previously seen in The Hallmark Channel telefilm, "The National Tree" with Andrew McCarthy.
A native of Lethbridge, Alberta Canada, Matchett now resides in Los Angeles.
- A frequent co-star of 'Timothy Hutton' (qv) appearing in episodes of 'A Nero Wolfe Mystery 2001' and 'Leverage 2009' alongside him, and the miniseries '5ive Days To Midnight', in all of which she played his love interest.
- She is a graduate of the National Theatre School, she also studied Chekov at the Moscow Theatre School as an exchange student and attended Red Deer College where she got her start in summer stock.
- Despite Internet postings that claim she has been married and divorced from actor James Allodi, they were never married in real life. They only played a married couple in the film Men With Brooms.
- Grew up in Lethbridge, Alberta.
- Matchett knew nothing about hockey when she landed the role of Colleen Blessed on "Power Play" (1998) at the age of twenty-eight, and relied on her husband, director 'T.W. Peacocke' (qv) to teach her the ropes.