Mar. 25th, 1970
Spalding, Saskatchewan, Canada
Kari Matchett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kari Matchett (born March 25, 1970) is a Canadian actress. She played Mariel Underlay in Invasion, Lisa Miller in 24, and Kate Filmore in the cult favorite science fiction movie Cube 2: Hypercube. She currently appears in the USA television series Covert Affairs.
Matchett previously had recurring roles on TNT's Leverage alongside Timothy Hutton and the series Crash for Starz Network from Lionsgate Television, the latter of which was based on the Academy Award-winning movie of the same name. She portrayed Jules, the CEO of a music company and daughter to Dennis Hopper's character. After breaking onto the scene in ABC's Invasion opposite 'William Fichtner', Matchett went on to star in season six of 24 with 'Keifer Sutherland' and 'Powers Boothe'. She then recurred on NBC's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip with 'Matthew Perry' and Bradley Whitford followed by a starring role opposite Treat Williams in the TNT original series, Heartland. Matchett is also well-known to audiences for her recurring role as Dr. Skye Wexler on John Wells' long-running drama series, ER. On the big screen Matchett will next be seen in "Tree of Life." Directed by Terrence Malick, she co-stars opposite 'Brad Pitt' and 'Sean Penn'.
Other television credits include Criminal Minds for CBS, The Cleaner opposite Benjamin Bratt for A&E, Ugly Betty for ABC, The Philanthropist on NBC, and Shark starring James Woods for CBS. She was also previously seen in The Hallmark Channel telefilm, The National Tree with 'Andrew McCarthy'.
A native of Lethbridge, Alberta Canada, Matchett now resides in Los Angeles.
- A frequent co-star of 'Timothy Hutton' (qv) appearing in episodes of 'A Nero Wolfe Mystery 2001' and 'Leverage 2009' alongside him, and the miniseries '5ive Days To Midnight', in all of which she played his love interest.
- She is a graduate of the National Theatre School, she also studied Chekov at the Moscow Theatre School as an exchange student and attended Red Deer College where she got her start in summer stock.
- Grew up in Lethbridge, Alberta.
- Matchett knew nothing about hockey when she landed the role of Colleen Blessed on "Power Play" (1998) at the age of twenty-eight, and relied on her husband, director 'T.W. Peacocke' (qv) to teach her the ropes.
- Despite Internet postings that claim she has been married and divorced from actor James Allodi, they were never married in real life. They only played a married couple in the film Men With Brooms.