Jun. 2nd, 1978
Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Justin Long's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Going the Distance
2010 - Alpha and Omega
2009 - Funny People
2009 - He's Just Not That Into You
2009 - Serious Moonlight
2009 - Drag Me to Hell
2009 - Planet 51
2009 - Youth in Revolt
2009 - Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
2009 - Old Dogs
2009 - After.Life
2009 - Taking Chances
2008 - Strange Wilderness
2008 - Zack and Miri Make a Porno
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2007 - Alvin and the Chipmunks
2007 - Live Free or Die Hard
2006 - The Break-Up
2006 - The Sasquatch Gang
2006 - Accepted
2006 - Idiocracy
2006 - Dreamland
2005 - Herbie Fully Loaded
2005 - Waiting...
2004 - DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
2004 - Hair High
2003 - Jeepers Creepers II
2002 - Crossroads
2001 - Jeepers Creepers
1999 - Galaxy Quest
Guest TV Roles
A likable, boyish-looking actor with thick eyebrows and a friendly smile, Justin Long is a native of Connecticut. He grew up in Fairfield, the second of three sons. His father, R. James Long, is a Professor of Philosophy at Fairfield University and his mother, Wendy Lesniak, is a Broadway actress. He attended Fairfield Prep, and after graduating, he attended Vassar College. He first really showed his promise as a member of the comedy troupe "LaughingStock." His performing talent garnered favorable notices and he won roles in some independent productions, notably Galaxy Quest (1999). However, he refused to act full time until after he graduated, which he did in 2000. He first gained notice when he played the nervous teenager Warren Cheswick in the TV series "Ed" (2000). The following year, he starred in the offbeat horror film Jeepers Creepers (2001). The film, with its surprise ending, was a major hit on the horror circuit and raised his profile. He played the boyfriend of Britney Spears in Crossroads (2002/I), and won a supporting role in the Vince Vaughn comedy Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004). He had high-profile roles in some offbeat independent films, most notably Raising Genius (2004) and Waiting... (2005), and scored commercial success again when he played Lindsay Lohan's boyfriend in Herbie Fully Loaded (2005). He continues to win acclaim and fans. He scored commercial success again with a role in the Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy The Break-Up (2006). He is private about his personal life and does not make a point of attending nightclubs and parties. However, his personal life did get scrutiny in 2008, due to his romance with actress Drew Barrymore (I) that year.
In addition to his film appearances, he is a spokesman for the Apple Mac computers, appearing with John Hodgman in its commercials.
- Was ranked #25 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actors list. (2008).
- Attended Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- His senior year at Fairfield Prep, Justin received the "Most likely not to be seen in class" superlative.
- His mother Wendy - a stage actress - teaches at Roger Ludlowe Middle School, in Fairfield, Connecticut.
- Has an older brother, Damien Long, and a younger brother, Christian Long, both of whom are actors. Has one dog named, Moose.
- His father, R. James Long, teaches philosophy at Fairfield University.
- Former boyfriend of 'Ginnifer Goodwin' (qv).
- Has been noted for his resemblance to 'Tim Allen (I)' (qv), who was his co-star in _Galaxy Quest (1999)_ (qv).