Jan. 29th, 1977
Knoxville, Illinois, USA
Justin Hartley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Justin Scott Hartley (born January 29, 1977) is an American actor, writer and director. He is known for roles in Passions, Smallville, Emily Owens, M.D., and Revenge.
Born in Knoxville, IL, and was raised in Orland Park, IL with his brother Nathan, and sisters Megan and Gabriela. After graduating from Carl Sandburg High School, he attended Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and University of Illinois at Chicago where he majored in history and theater.
In 2003, Hartley began dating his Passions co-star Lindsay Korman who played Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald. After six months, the two became engaged (November 13, 2003). They married in a small ceremony (May 1, 2004). They had a daughter, Isabella Justice (b. July 3, 2004). It was announced (May 6, 2012) that Justin and Lindsay were divorcing after 8 years of marriage.
Hartley portrayed character Fox Crane on the daytime drama Passions, from December 17, 2002 to February 10, 2006. In 2006, Hartley played the starring role as Aquaman, of comic book fame, in a television pilot for the CW titled Aquaman (or Mercy Reef), which was to have been a spin off of the television show Smallville. Though it never aired, the pilot later became available online. Hartley did a seven-episode run as billionaire Oliver Queen on the CW series Smallville later that year. In 2008, he returned to Smallville as a regular cast member.
In 2008, he starred as Tom in the controversial film, Red Canyon, filmed in the badlands of Utah.
Hartley is the third actor to portray Green Arrow, and the first to do so in live-action.
- Is an avid basketball player.
- Has a dog (half beagle-half terrier) named "The Gooch".
- Attended Southern Illinois University and The University of Illinois in Chicago. Majored in History and Theater.
- An avid baseball fan his entire life. His two favorite teams are the Cubs and the Dodgers.
- Has an older brother named Nathan and younger sisters named Megan and Gabriela.
- Daughter Isabella Justice Hartley (with 'Lindsay Hartley' (qv)) born on 3 July 2004.
- Played various sports in high school including baseball, basketball and soccer.
- Replaced 'Will Toale' (qv) as the young Aquaman, Arthur "AC" Curry for the TV series _"Mercy Reef" (2006)_.