Jan. 29th, 1977
Knoxville, Illinois, USA
Justin Hartley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Challenger
2009 - Spring Breakdown
2008 - Red Canyon
Guest TV Roles
Nicholas Foxworth Crane
Mike Delaney '82
Himself - Young and the Restless
Justin Scott Hartley (born January 29, 1977) is an American actor, writer and director. He is known for roles in Passions, Smallville, Emily Owens, M.D., and Revenge.
Born in Knoxville, IL, and was raised in Orland Park, IL with his brother Nathan, and sisters Megan and Gabriela. After graduating from Carl Sandburg High School, he attended Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and University of Illinois at Chicago where he majored in history and theater.
In 2003, Hartley began dating his Passions co-star Lindsay Korman who played Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald. After six months, the two became engaged (November 13, 2003). They married in a small ceremony (May 1, 2004). They had a daughter, Isabella Justice (b. July 3, 2004). It was announced (May 6, 2012) that Justin and Lindsay were divorcing after 8 years of marriage.
Hartley portrayed character Fox Crane on the daytime drama Passions, from December 17, 2002 to February 10, 2006. In 2006, Hartley played the starring role as Aquaman, of comic book fame, in a television pilot for the CW titled Aquaman (or Mercy Reef), which was to have been a spin off of the television show Smallville. Though it never aired, the pilot later became available online. Hartley did a seven-episode run as billionaire Oliver Queen on the CW series Smallville later that year. In 2008, he returned to Smallville as a regular cast member.
In 2008, he starred as Tom in the controversial film, Red Canyon, filmed in the badlands of Utah.
Hartley is the third actor to portray Green Arrow, and the first to do so in live-action.
- Played various sports in high school including baseball, basketball and soccer.
- Daughter Isabella Justice Hartley (with 'Lindsay Hartley' (qv)) born on 3 July 2004.
- Has an older brother named Nathan and younger sisters named Megan and Gabriela.
- He watches professional wrestling.
- Is an avid basketball player.
- Was going to play the young Aquaman on _"Mercy Reef" (2006)_ and then appeared as the Green Arrow/Oliver Queen on _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv). The episode "Justice" featured him as Green Arrow opposite 'Alan Ritchson' (qv) as Aquaman, who's previous appearance on the episode "Aqua" had sparked interest in doing _"Mercy Reef" (2006)_ (even though Ritchson, five years younger than Hartley, was not considered for the _"Mercy Reef" (2006)_ series).
- Grew up in Orland Park, Illinois.
- Attended Southern Illinois University and The University of Illinois in Chicago. Majored in History and Theater.